Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 4th edition

Re: 2009 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 4th edition

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Huh? I like him calling out his supposed "colleagues" for dirty journalism. I think Dicky V is annoying at times, but I'm not one who thinks he loves one school more than another. He's no Billy PACCker.
    Just screwing with you, bud.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If UK goes to the 2010 Final 4, at what point will you feel secure that the banner doesn't have to come down?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    If UK goes to the 2010 Final 4, at what point will you feel secure that the banner doesn't have to come down?
    The moment it touches the rafters. UK's compliance office doesn't play around. Cal isn't going to help/assist any player in cheating the system. UK doesn't need to play around the margins like "smaller" basketball schools... they are in the same class as Kansas and UNC in this regard.

Calipari has never been hit with an NCAA violation. You should have nothing to worry about.

Maybe from this point onward Cal can sit with all of the ESPN Top 100 as they go through their final year of high school. He can sit with them as they take the SAT, walk them home each day after school, and tuck each one of them in at night.

Huh? I like him calling out his supposed "colleagues" for dirty journalism. I think Dicky V is annoying at times, but I'm not one who thinks he loves one school more than another. He's no Billy PACCker.
    Dickie V has his favorites, and John Calipari is one of them. That and with his employers contract agreement with the SEC, there will be nothing but praise coming from him.

Tubby Smith was one as well, and Vitale is still in UK lore for his comments made after Tubby took the Minnesota job.

That and Dick Vitale can call a game and talk about anything and everything EXCEPT the game he is actually being paid to call.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The network thing doesn't really hold water because there are several "journalists"/talking heads over at ESPN who are on a crusade against Cal and UK by association.

The moment it touches the rafters. UK's compliance office doesn't play around. Cal isn't going to help/assist any player in cheating the system. UK doesn't need to play around the margins like "smaller" basketball schools... they are in the same class as Kansas and UNC in this regard.
    If Umass had beaten UK in 96, I guarantee Kentucky fans would think he was a "cheater." Play around the margins? Like recruiting Derrick Rose?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Play around the margins? Like recruiting Derrick Rose?
    Robert Dozier?

If Umass had beaten UK in 96, I guarantee Kentucky fans would think he was a "cheater." Play around the margins? Like recruiting Derrick Rose?
    I'm sure Kevin Stallings would have never let Derrick Rose play at his school if he met the minimum academic standards at Vandy.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Robert Dozier?
    I'm amazed a Hoosier fan would have the audacity to type anything at all. MY school isn't the one on probation.

I'm amazed a Hoosier fan would have the audacity to type anything at all. MY school isn't the one on probation.
    I have zero worries about the future with Tom Crean in charge. Zero.

I have zero worries about the future with Tom Crean in charge. Zero.
    I'm sure Tom Crean wouldn't have taken Derrick Rose at Marquette. WHOOPS!! Haha, does Crean sit with recruits while they take standardized tests? Might want to get on that. Hard to have "zero worries" otherwise.

I'm sure Tom Crean wouldn't have taken Derrick Rose at Marquette. WHOOPS!! Haha, does Crean sit with recruits while they take standardized tests? Might want to get on that. Hard to have "zero worries" otherwise.
    I have no idea what you are talking about. Ask the average hoops fan which coach is most likely to land his program in hot water, Crean or Cal. I have a pretty good idea who would be the landslide winner in that one.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Ask the average hoops fan which coach is most likely to land his program in hot water, Crean or Cal. I have a pretty good idea who would be the landslide winner in that one.
    Isn't it obvious? Crean easily could have committed the same infraction as Calipari. Recruiting a kid who ends up having questions about his test scores. Just like it could happen to Stallings, Roy Williams, Bill Self, the holy Tom Crean or any other coach in America.

I could care less what the average hoop fans thinks.

Turn Off Ads?