Turn Off Ads?
Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 4th edition

part of BBN

Re: 2009 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 4th edition

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    More importantly than the score for Kentucky, Wall looks like he can shoot. Nice form on the jump shot and, iirc, he hit the only three he shot. Ridiculously fast end to end. Faster than Jason Kidd while at Cal, IMO, who I thought was the fastest in NCAA history.
    Most of the time I listen to the UK radio broadcast while watching the games. I noticed Pratt is going to have to step up his tempo to keep up with this team.
    Yeah Wall is about the fastest I can remember.

2. Turn Off Ads?

He's just sick. sick sick sick. He's one of those guys you can just look at and see future NBA superstar written all over him. A man among boys out there.

So what's everyone's opinion of Cousins now that he's had a couple of exhibition games under his belt?

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    So what's everyone's opinion of Cousins now that he's had a couple of exhibition games under his belt?
    Soft hands, still not in game shape. If I could buy stock in a person...Cousins is a BUY!
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

More importantly than the score for Kentucky, Wall looks like he can shoot. Nice form on the jump shot and, iirc, he hit the only three he shot. Ridiculously fast end to end. Faster than Jason Kidd while at Cal, IMO, who I thought was the fastest in NCAA history.
    Cal said during the press conference that Wall is sometimes TO FAST. Cal said on a fast break Wall is so fast that his teammates can't get back fast enough to rebound if Wall were to miss the shot while driving to the basket.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Stacey Poole is a Cat.

This is not another Gardner Webb. Morehead State is a solid club; a team that I expect to challenge strongly for an NCAA tournament bid. No John Wall and a possibly injured Eric Bledsoe? Hopefully Eric is good to go... might have to try some Darius Miller at the point-forward.

I agree on Morehead. This is a game to make Kentucky fans scream for Calipari's ousting because he's overrated, or something or other.

What are you expecting out of your Toppers?

Another Sun Belt title and a good shot at the Sweet 16. Four starters back may mean a Top 25 spot by the end of the year.

Another Sun Belt title and a good shot at the Sweet 16. Four starters back may mean a Top 25 spot by the end of the year.
    What was the deal with the Boyd kid? I never heard the details on that. Btw, I am typing this from the Rupp lobby/mall, waiting for my late-arriving brother.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Good game. A few notes:

- Bledsoe is better than I thought. Very athletic. Made quite a few "freshman" mistakes, although that should improve with each game.

- DUDson. Not a fan of this guy. He is a chucking machine.

- PP54 looks like he is in amazing shape.

As a team, I think we perform a lot better if we are pushing the tempo. I can't wait to see the Wall/Bledsoe combo, which should help out on the turnovers (Miller had 5! turnovers)

Also, we shot too many turnovers. We need to play inside-out. Draw double teams and kick out for open threes... otherwise don't take the first half way open 3.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    What was the deal with the Boyd kid? I never heard the details on that. Btw, I am typing this from the Rupp lobby/mall, waiting for my late-arriving brother.
    I guess I see who my friends are!

Boyd (and another freshman) left school before the season started. (Before schol started as well, fwiw.) Both allegedly cheated on their SAT's or broke other NCAA rules and would have been ineligible, the rumor mill insists.

Would have been a nice get for WKU, but, hey, que sera, sera, right?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I guess I see who my friends are!
    I was stunned my brother asked me. They're his tickets.

Anyway, my thoughts (not that anybody asked for them):

It's amazing how much more organized on the court they are after 20 practices with Cal than they were with 2 years of BG. Just little things, attention to detail, and Cal holding them accountable, it seems.

I like Dodson. Somebody has to be a threat to shoot.

I like Cousins more than I thought I would. I know he fouled out, but lots of people are going to have problems guarding Faried. Faried is at the wrong level.

Morehead did not play one possession of man-to-man. Get used to it, kids.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?