Turn Off Ads?
Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 4th edition

Re: 2009 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 4th edition

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    part of BBN

One preseason publication listed Wall as 2nd team All-American and PP 3rd Team. A friend of mine also said he saw CBS Sports listed Wall as their Player of The Year pick.
    Now personally I havent seen Wall except youtube so I am anxious to see just how good this kid is. Cal did say he has caught on already to the DDO with no problem.

I'm predicting that by March, John Wall will have made himself the consensus #1 pick in the 2010 NBA Draft.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I'm predicting that by March, John Wall will have made himself the consensus #1 pick in the 2010 NBA Draft.
    That seems to be a safe pick. Once the NBA falls in love with a player they seldom change their minds.

On the other hand, I would be surprised to see him win player of the year. For a freshman to do it he has to dominate a la Durant or Oden as almost a one man team. UK is so loaded that the points and minutes probably won't be enough to get him over that hump. I could see Patterson getting more awards and accolades then Wall.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    That seems to be a safe pick. Once the NBA falls in love with a player they seldom change their minds. On the other hand, I would be surprised to see him win player of the year. For a freshman to do it he has to dominate a la Durant or Oden as almost a one man team. UK is so loaded that the points and minutes probably won't be enough to get him over that hump. I could see Patterson getting more awards and accolades then Wall.
    I don't think he will have any energy after delivering all those presents, hiding all those Easter eggs, and putting all those quarters under kids' pillows.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    That seems to be a safe pick. Once the NBA falls in love with a player they seldom change their minds.

On the other hand, I would be surprised to see him win player of the year. For a freshman to do it he has to dominate a la Durant or Oden as almost a one man team. UK is so loaded that the points and minutes probably won't be enough to get him over that hump. I could see Patterson getting more awards and accolades then Wall.
    I'm not talking about the NBA. I'm talking about the basketball viewing public and their perception of JW.

I don't even think Wall will be the best player on his own team. (Of course, to be fair, I DO think he'll be a second-team All-American behind KU's PG, Sherron Collins, who should put up monster numbers this year.)

Patrick Patterson could very well be the first Naismith POY from Kentucky ever. He'll put up good numbers for a good team. He is, by all accounts, an exceptional young man who interviews well, and he'll be on television every game. Too, it's not like there are a ton of guys who're better either. Harangody's great, but his team isn't. Collins will put up good numbers, but Patterson's the better story.

I've made this prediction before and I will make it again:

Eric Bledsoe will join John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, and Patrick Patterson in this years NBA draft class from Kentucky. That is how much of an impact I think Bledsoe will have if he starts alongside Wall.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

part of BBN

Anyone on here going to Big Blue Madness ?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I've made this prediction before and I will make it again:

Eric Bledsoe will join John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, and Patrick Patterson in this years NBA draft class from Kentucky. That is how much of an impact I think Bledsoe will have if he starts alongside Wall.
    Bledsoe one and done? Doubt it. Not enough balls to go around Lexington. Patterson will get his on effort, rebounding, and specific plays. Cousins will get his largely the same way. Wall gets his because he has the ball in his hands much of the time.

Bledsoe will be lucky to average 10 points per game, perhaps 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Bledsoe one and done? Doubt it. Not enough balls to go around Lexington. Patterson will get his on effort, rebounding, and specific plays. Cousins will get his largely the same way. Wall gets his because he has the ball in his hands much of the time.

Bledsoe will be lucky to average 10 points per game, perhaps 12.
    Agreed.

I think Bledsoe has a big impact on games, but gets nothing statistically. I'd probably go as low as 6-8 PPG.

IMO... no way is he one and done, but hopefully I am wrong (not that he leaves early but that he is good enough to)

Bledsoe is also 6 foot nothing. Not many 6 foot even guys getting drafted, especially as frosh. Mike Conley is the only one that comes to mind.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Should I post the mug-shot of Santa, John Wall? They were stupid, but from what I've heard Smith did nothing outside of trying to break up a fight that never really got started.

Turn Off Ads?