Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 4th edition

Re: 2009 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 4th edition

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    ...I just try to hold them to a higher standard than most do.
    Are you talking about the standards at Duke? UConn? Kansas?

Cheaters, all.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    On an unrelated note,

I am doing a survey for a marketing research class and would greatly appreciate any responses. Needless to say, this is about the upcoming college basketball season.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?...ttA8cMQw_3d_3d
    Mind sharing the results when its finished? Just curious is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    And, if you read my response earlier, you'd see I said coaches or backers. And, yes, most AAU coaches DO pay much of their teams' expenses out of their own pockets. Many I know have paid for recruiting trips, clothes, and other incidentals.

It's the way business is now done in big-time recruiting.

In-season basketball has become something to keep kids in shape and little more. The real instruction and the real recruiting happens in the summer.
    Yeah, I'm aware of what goes on with AAU basketball and recruiting. I spent 4 years as an assistant at a junior college.

Clifton was an agent when Kelly (and others) played for him, too.

If Wall gets a one minute suspension, it's not fair. But that's been the NCAA modus operandi for years now, so it's nothing new.

I'd just like to see everyone play on the same playing field.

But hey, Kelly is a special case.

He plays at Duke.
    I don't know what sort of "benefits" Clifton provided for either Wall or Kelly, so I'm not going to speculate on what either of them "deserves" as an outcome based on a couple offhand comments by the commissioner of the SEC.

Are you talking about the standards at Duke? UConn? Kansas?

Cheaters, all.
    Think higher.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

The same thing happened when Derek Caracter was a freshman at Louisville so their is a precedent (somewhat) for dealing with this. Wall will have to repay the money and sit out a couple games. No big deal, it happens (and is punished) all the time.

The NCAA student-athlete reinstatement staff announced today it has reinstated the eligibility of University of Louisville men’s basketball student-athlete Derek Caracter.

Caracter, a freshman at Louisville, will be required to sit out three games during the current season for receiving benefits from a family friend during the summer prior to his freshman year. The family friend is a former employee of a sports agency. Caracter had repaid the loan in question prior to today’s ruling by the NCAA.

According to the facts of the case submitted by Louisville, Caracter was loaned $2,164.49 for various travel-related expenses for two basketball camps and an unofficial visit to Louisville as a prospective student-athlete by a family friend. During the student-athlete reinstatement process, the University of Louisville cited that the loans did not take place while the family friend was employed by a sports agent, as well as the fact that the loan had been repaid. In addition, the university notes that the acquaintance knew Caracter prior to his ninth-grade year and had a close relationship with him and his family for several years, including dating his aunt and living in the same house with him for a period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Mind sharing the results when its finished? Just curious is all.
    I posted the survey on Facebook, through emails of my college class, and on here and I already have fifteen replies, which is the minimum. So far, most of the respondents have been UK fans. Would have liked some more WVU fans or others involved.

I will try to get the results out when its over with.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Fixed it. Just made it a non requirement.
    Still having the same problem, won't let me fill in the "Other" option without getting an error.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Still having the same problem, won't let me fill in the "Other" option without getting an error.
    I just picked another team but wrote in Louisville. I will also add that while I don't think they'll make it, several betting sites have Louisville as the third pick to win the championship this year (7-1 odds) so I was surprised to not see them on the list.

I posted the survey on Facebook, through emails of my college class, and on here and I already have fifteen replies, which is the minimum. So far, most of the respondents have been UK fans. Would have liked some more WVU fans or others involved.

I will try to get the results out when its over with.
    Well you got another UK fan to respond. The WVU fans will respond after the football season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Adriean Payne will be announcing his decision on Friday. My money is on West Virginia and their "House of Payne" promotion. I'll be happy with a Payne commitment but I'd rather have Tobias Harris and CJ Leslie. They seem more likely to contribute right away.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

For those interested, the Blue White game will be on tonight on one of the Fox Sports channels. Here it is Fox Sports Atlantic, but it's also supposed to be Fox Sports South as well. Might want to flip through the channel guide tonight.

Terrence Jones and CJ Leslie are expected to be in attendance, plus this will be a good chance to see the cats in action.

For those interested, the Blue White game will be on tonight on one of the Fox Sports channels. Here it is Fox Sports Atlantic, but it's also supposed to be Fox Sports South as well. Might want to flip through the channel guide tonight.

Terrence Jones and CJ Leslie are expected to be in attendance, plus this will be a good chance to see the cats in action.
    If you have DISH it's on channel 447, one of the sports alternate channels. Can't wait!
    Wall will be playing btw. He can participate in scrimmages.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

From the Blue-White scrimmage, Jon Hood looks an awful lot like the 1996 version of Jeff Sheppard.

And John Wall looks like... Well, he looks good.

I really don't know who he looks like. He's in control, super quick, changes speeds really well, and is fundamentally solid. No range on his jump shot shown tonight, but his form is good. He finishes well, too.

Darius Miller 14 points and 5 rebounds

Darnell Dodson 26 points and 7 rebounds (four threes)

Jon Hood 14 points and 5 rebounds

John Wall 25 points, 7 rebounds and 11 assists

Demarcus Cousins 16 points and 9 rebounds

Eric Bledsoe 14 points, 5 rebounds and 9 assists

Daniel Orton 14 points and 8 rebounds

Patrick Patterson 24 points and 8 rebounds (11-15 from field)

Josh Harrellson 11 points and 15 rebounds

Ramon Harris 12 points and 7 rebounds (4-7 from field)

Mark Krebs 5 points and 2 rebounds

Perry Stevenson 2 points and 3 rebounds

Deandre Liggins 0 points and 4 rebounds

What is even scarier is when you consider that both Bledsoe and Cousins were one assist and rebound away from a double double.
    Last edited by WVRed; 10-28-2009 at 10:05 PM.

John Wall is sick. He can literally get to the rim whenever he wants.

The one thing you can certainly conclude from this scrimmage is that they are very talented. The best talent I've seen at UK since at least 1998. They may have as much as the 96 team. Too early for me to say for sure about that though.
    Wall is something else. If he is eligible, UK is definitley a Final Four contender. Without him its much more iffy.
    Whenever they get their defense together they could be devastating. With Wall and Bledsoe out front and all those long bodies in the paint its going to be hard for teams to do a lot against them. Calipari said they just started working hard on defense a couple of days ago. His emphasis has been on the offense.
    We will be able to tell a little more against Campbellsville. I don't think they were as focused as Calipari expects them to be in this scrimmage since they were still playing against themselves.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?