Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 4th edition

Re: 2009 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 4th edition

Just announced, Wall to miss the exhibition on Monday against Campbellsville and the season opener against Morehead State. And to repay roughly 750 bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just curious, how does Wall only miss one game but Dez Bryant gets suspended for a full year for panicking and telling a lie? FWIW, I'm glad Wall didn't lose his eligibility. I just think the NCAA mishandled the Dez Bryant situation.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 10-31-2009 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I just think the NCAA mishandled the Dez Bryant situation.
    No surprise at all. The NCAA is one of the worst run organizations in the world.

The rules and regulations are so out of whack they could probably find some reason to suspend every single NCAA athlete. And when they do actually catch someone they seem to make a precedent each and every time to set an example to the other kids.

The NCAA doesn't seem to realize they're dealing with humans, young one at that, who will make accidental mistakes at times. The punishments rarely fit the crime.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Just curious, how does Wall only miss one game but Dez Bryant gets suspended for a full year for panicking and telling a lie? FWIW, I'm glad Wall didn't lose his eligibility. I just think the NCAA mishandled the Dez Bryant situation.
    It would seem that Bryant mishandled the NCAA by lying about his meeting with Sanders. In the Wall situation, the kid was completely unaware that anything improper was going on. His situation is all on his AAU coach.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Just announced, Wall to miss the exhibition on Monday against Campbellsville and the season opener against Morehead State. And to repay roughly 750 bucks.
    And once again..Pat Forde strikes out swingin !

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    And once again..Pat Forde strikes out swingin !
    What a surprise.

Still waiting for his scathing article on his butt buddy Ricky P.

Again, how does this guy get suspended for 20 games but Wall only gets one game? Crazy.

Kilicli Out For 20 Games

West Virginia University freshman Deniz Kilicli will not participate in the first 20 regular season games of the 2009-10 basketball season, the school announced today.

The NCAA determined that prior to his enrollment at WVU, Kilicli played on a team in Turkey during the 2007-08 season, which included a professional player. This is not permissible under NCAA amateurism regulations.

Kilicli will be able to particpate in all other team activities, including practices and exhibition games. He will be eligible to return to competition when West Virginia hosts Pitt on Feb. 3.

A 6-foot-9 forward from Istanbul, Turkey, Kilicli attended Mountain State Academ

http://westvirginia.scout.com/2/914652.html

Again, how does this guy get suspended for 20 games but Wall only gets one game? Crazy. Kilicli Out For 20 Games West Virginia University freshman Deniz Kilicli will not participate in the first 20 regular season games of the 2009-10 basketball season, the school announced today. The NCAA determined that prior to his enrollment at WVU, Kilicli played on a team in Turkey during the 2007-08 season, which included a professional player. This is not permissible under NCAA amateurism regulations. Kilicli will be able to particpate in all other team activities, including practices and exhibition games. He will be eligible to return to competition when West Virginia hosts Pitt on Feb. 3. A 6-foot-9 forward from Istanbul, Turkey, Kilicli attended Mountain State Academ http://westvirginia.scout.com/2/914652.html
    There are several womens volleyball players from Europe who have been ruled totally ineligible by this regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    There are several womens volleyball players from Europe who have been ruled totally ineligible by this regulation.
    And several that haven't despite evidence of playing with professionals that were paid more than just necessary expenses. The NCAA just randomly chooses who is eligible and who isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    And several that haven't despite evidence of playing with professionals that were paid more than just necessary expenses. The NCAA just randomly chooses who is eligible and who isn't.
    Maybe. Proving it in an espn piece is much different than proving it to the ncaa. Nancy Grace "proves" a lot of things on her show too.

Again, how does this guy get suspended for 20 games but Wall only gets one game? Crazy.

Kilicli Out For 20 Games

West Virginia University freshman Deniz Kilicli will not participate in the first 20 regular season games of the 2009-10 basketball season, the school announced today.

The NCAA determined that prior to his enrollment at WVU, Kilicli played on a team in Turkey during the 2007-08 season, which included a professional player. This is not permissible under NCAA amateurism regulations.

Kilicli will be able to particpate in all other team activities, including practices and exhibition games. He will be eligible to return to competition when West Virginia hosts Pitt on Feb. 3.

A 6-foot-9 forward from Istanbul, Turkey, Kilicli attended Mountain State Academ

http://westvirginia.scout.com/2/914652.html
    It's a joke, and I am a Kentucky fan. The NCAA really needs to get some things ironed out and i'm sure everybody has their own say on what needs fixed.

Me personally, I would be for paying athletes and fixing the BCS.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Is tonight's game showing on Dish Network? I don't see it on any of the alternate channels.

Dez Bryant plays Okie State football.

John Wall plays Kentucky basketball.

Is this even a question? The NCAA hand picks who gets punished more severely if all things are equal.

The Peter Warrick/Laverneous Coles issue in college was a prime example.

The Wall-Bryant comparison is a bad one. What did their 2 actions have in common? But anyway, you guys have me convinced... the NCAA would never punish a program like UK or IU basketball or FSU football? Right? Right?

I'm toolsy.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Is tonight's game showing on Dish Network? I don't see it on any of the alternate channels.
    Not sure about Dish, but it's on Fox Sports South, which is channel 70 and 521 for Insight users.

Turn Off Ads?