Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 4th edition

Re: 2009 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 4th edition

Who did Louisville lose to?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    todays game looked to me like it exposed UK quite a lot. It's John Wall and some solid players who don't know how to do a lot without their leader, yes their freshman leader.

Don't take that as a slam on UK, I'm a fan no doubt, its just what I saw.
    Well, when you take away a team's best player who also happens to be their point guard, that tends to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Kentucky showing why it's great, then why it's overrated in the same game. Youth may be served, but it's usually only served after a heaping helping of experience mashes it in the face.
    That's why they play the big tournament in March.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    The UConn game in MSG should tell you something about this UK team.
    Not really. It's a mistake to take away much one way or the other from these early season games. The contest versus UCONN will tell us almost zero about what the 'finished product' Kentucky team will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Not really. It's a mistake to take away much one way or the other from these early season games. The contest versus UCONN will tell us almost zero about what the 'finished product' Kentucky team will look like.
    But it will tell me what to expect when they play Louisville in 3 weeks because Louisville plays a similar style (or at least used to). Although if Louisville doesn't get healthy it won't matter.

part of BBN

UConn won today over Harvard 79-73. So if UConn wins, they were overlooking Harvard whereas if UK wins, this score will be brought up saying UConn wasnt that good anyway.
    As you said, WMR, these early season games are fun for the fans but thats it. UConn, UK, UNC and Uof L and most other teams will all be much better teams by season's end than they are right now.

Who did Louisville lose to?
    I have a buddy who's a UofL fan and we have a friendly little back-and-forth over it. This morning I told him I'd like to listen to some music from the band Good Charlotte.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post

UConn won today over Harvard 79-73. So if UConn wins, they were overlooking Harvard whereas if UK wins, this score will be brought up saying UConn wasnt that good anyway.
    As you said, WMR, these early season games are fun for the fans but thats it. UConn, UK, UNC and Uof L and most other teams will all be much better teams by season's end than they are right now.
    Yep you are correct. Almost everyone will look vastly different by March. If don't look any differently by March then you probably aren't in the NCAA tournament. UConn is good learning game to be played on neutral court, on a national stage. As long as UK improves on this game and doesn't get blown out of the box it should help them down the road.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Liggins did not make the trip to NYC for this evening's game.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Calipari said Kentucky's a 4-5 team with a lot of luck.

John Wall disagrees.

On another note, I've seen a bunch of ball early and Kentucky has had the two most impressive runs of anyone. They are really, really talented, but prone to really, really stupid runs as well.

Typical of freshmen. But the talent is there.

Speaking of talent, anyone else see AJ Slaughter lead WKU over the Purple Aces of Evansville earlier this week? The 'Tops are building for another deep run in the Tourney.
    Last edited by Scrap Irony; 12-10-2009 at 12:05 AM.

64-61 Kentucky hangs on to win it.

Wall finishes with 25 and was pretty much the catalyst down the stretch for UK. Kentucky started the game on a 12-0 run before UConn caught up and took control of the game late in the first half.

I give Cal credit for this one. Keeping Wall out most of the first half while Dyson played the entire game really put UK in the drivers seat in the second half. UConn was gassed with about ten minutes to go while Cousins and Wall got to work and were pretty well rested.

I have a feeling Indiana could be our first loss. If I am wrong, I think we go undefeated in out of conference play.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Agreed.

As an OSU fan, I did a lot of hand-wringing over the early season performances of the 2006 team with Conley, Oden, Cook, Lighty, etc. They didn't sem to mesh really well, the light never really went on.

But my goodness.... later in the year, when that light did go on, they were as good as any team in the country. If Ivan Harris and co. could have hit down just a couple of open 3's as opposed to going 0-106 behind the arc, that team would have beat Florida.

With Wall, Cousins, and Patterson, Kentucky has the three scorers needed.

They're long, athletic, and fast.

They rebound well and block shots.

They can hit the open three well enough.

Calipari is a veteran good coach who has a penchant for player improvement.

In short, if I were buying stock in any team for March, it'd be Kentucky.

Their only questions are freshman stupidity (especially as it relates to ball control) and poor on the ball defense. Both of those are likely to improve a great deal as the year wears on.

This team has the potential to be as good as they want to be. Man it feels good to go into UCONN's backyard and take a game at the Garden.

Turn Off Ads?