Turn Off Ads?
Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 4th edition

Re: 2009 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 4th edition

If not jealousy, then what? Just saying some BS to get IU fans fired up?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    If not jealousy, then what? Just saying some BS to get IU fans fired up?
    Knight says stupid things but why would he be jealous of Calipari, a coach who has never won a championship and just happens to be the "flavor of the month"? Comments like this are why UK fans get a bad rap. Someone criticizes their coach or program so it must be jealousy.

He's jealous of Calipari because Calipari is now coaching the hottest team in America, while Knight is sitting behind a microphone (sometimes) and wants to be in Calipari's seat.

He's also trying to get IU fans fired up.

He's also trying to rile up the media and get more publicity.

He's also a tool and a bully who genuinely dislikes Kentucky because Kentucky's been just as good as he over the past four decades.

On another note, I met Coach Knight while in college. He was not a nice person. At all.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    He's jealous of Calipari because Calipari is now coaching the hottest team in America, while Knight is sitting behind a microphone (sometimes) and wants to be in Calipari's seat.

He's also a tool and a bully who genuinely dislikes Kentucky because Kentucky's been just as good as he over the past four decades.

On another note, I met Coach Knight while in college. He was not a nice person. At all.
    Yeah, he wants Cal's job. Right.

I met him while he was doing a UC game for ESPN. He was ok when I saw him, he signed autographs for some kids who asked him after the game. FWIW, I met a couple UK coaches in person as well. Pitino was an arrogant jerk. Tubby was one of the nicest coaches I've ever met, very personable.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    If Calipari coached at Louisville or Indiana you would be singing a different tune. It may take a few years but Kentucky will be in trouble with the NCAA under Calipari's watch, the best tell of the future is the past.
    You should meet Sandy Bell.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Yeah, he wants Cal's job. Right.
    Knight wants any job where he can still coach, be in the spotlight, and bully opponents. If there were a College Basketball Shangri-La for Knight, Kentucky would be one of his Seven Heavens.
    -- Christy Matthewson
    -- Leo Durocher

Knight wants any job where he can still coach, be in the spotlight, and bully opponents. If there were a College Basketball Shangri-La for Knight, Kentucky would be one of his Seven Heavens.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

That's all pretty silly. Sounds more like you have an axe to grind with Knight. Why would he be trying to fire up IU fans? I don't think he really cares much about IU basketball.

I've met him a couple times. He seemed fairly nice to me.

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    You should meet Sandy Bell.
    I always hear that from folks who must forget that she was Compliance Director during the Hal Mumme Era.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Knight wants any job where he can still coach
    Which is of course why he retired.
    And believe me, that wasn't under pressure from anyone. He was able to install his dolt of a son at TT so I'm pretty sure Texas Tech would have been perfectly happy to have him coaching.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I always hear that from folks who must forget that she was Compliance Director during the Hal Mumme Era.
    If a coach is bound and determined to cheat, they will cheat.

Cal is not a cheater. He will certainly not cheat at Kentucky. The stakes are way too high. UK self-reports anything that could carry a whisper of improper action. Cal will not knowingly commit any infractions at Kentucky. The same could not be said, for example, about Kelvin Sampson.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    And believe me, that wasn't under pressure from anyone. He was able to install his dolt of a son at TT so I'm pretty sure Texas Tech would have been perfectly happy to have him coaching.
    Of course, the rest of my quote included being in the spotlight (and bullying opponents), neither of which he could have done in Lubbock.
    -- Christy Matthewson
    -- Leo Durocher

It's really unfortunate that Cal didn't move out of his family house and bunk with Marcus Camby. Maybe if he'd been there 24 hours a day, 365 days a year he could've prevented him from accepting money from a sports agent.

Similarly, why wasn't Cal more involved in a standardized test administered hundreds of miles away.
    Calipari "put two schools on probation", WMR. You seem to be forgetting that. Furthermore, he did it on purpose, just to see if he could get away with it. There's ample proof that John Calipari knew about these situations as they were happening, and simply laughed about it.

Skip Bayless at ESPN said that he should be banned from coaching in the NCAA for one year. If Skip Bayless and Bobby Knight and others say that he has no integrity and that he should banned, then it must be so.

Now excuse me while I go choke my kids and throw a folding chair.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    From Urban Dictionary definition of Dolt:

A mental retard who is clueless not only about current events, but also has the IQ level of a rock. "Dolt" may be the most sophisticated insult in the English language. Dolts commonly populate such stereotypes as jocks, nerds, fruits, bookworms, and dorks.

This comment is pretty uncalled for if you ask me. To call Pat Knight a retard who seems clueless about what is going on around him is pretty over the line. I am sure Pat Knight doesn't always see eye to eye with his Dad and I am sure sometimes when he makes these comments he wishes dear old Dad would just go away. I think it will be always be a case of the sins of the father being passed on to the son.

FWIW Texas Tech is 9-0 and 16th in the country, too bad Daddy will get all the credit.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Yay!

If a coach is bound and determined to cheat, they will cheat. Cal is not a cheater. He will certainly not cheat at Kentucky. The stakes are way too high. UK self-reports anything that could carry a whisper of improper action. Cal will not knowingly commit any infractions at Kentucky. The same could not be said, for example, about Kelvin Sampson.
    And if a kid is bound and determined to cheat on a test or take money from an agent, they will do so. The trick is getting kids that wouldn't do such things. And Cal's track record there... Anyway, it annoys me that UK fans act like no violations will happen because Sandy Bell is there. She is no silver bullet.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?