Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Trade Idea

Trade Idea

I Was watching ESPN last night saying how Boston needed a defensive SS, and how Lugo now sucks at defensive, well i havent seen him(lugo) play this year but baseball tonight guys said he sucks, how about Alex Gonzalez for an A player and Cash Considerations, meaning they pay his salary or something
    Last edited by RedLakerFan24; 05-29-2009 at 02:34 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade Idea

I wouldn't just give him to them. He's actually started to hit fairly decent and you can never have enough depth. If they traded him and Janish got hurt or something they could be in a mess.

If they were going to pay his salary I wouldn't have a problem giving him up. I could help us clear some payroll for the acquisition of a big bat.

Boston doesn't want him back. If they wanted him, they wouldn't have let us sign him 3 years ago.

Dude Rock

AGon takes way too much heat on this board, IMHO. The dude is coming off an entire season ending injury from last year and working himself back. Yes, he started slow, but also hurt himself and missed alot of games. Alot of guys started slow on this team but have had more non-injured time to get themselves right. I believe AGon is just now starting to do that offensively. And I've seen him make some very good plays that our other SS's wouldn't be making. I say leave him 8th in the order and keep our defense solid up the middle.

His contract next year is an option year and more than likely won't be picked up, or they sign him for less, if there aren't any better options.

Gonzalez is one intense player and is really hard on himself. As painful as it is to watch him hit, he is still a wizard in the field. Yet, I can see the Red Sox making a trade for him with their shortstops falling like flys, he was on the team in 2006. If the Reds could get an A guy and some cash considerations, I would take a Janish/Hairston platoon for the rest of the year and perhaps the next year until Valaika is ready
    check out my new blog...www.theothergm.blogspot.com...let me know what you think

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    Boston doesn't want him back. If they wanted him, they wouldn't have let us sign him 3 years ago.
    Didn't they have Hanley in the mix at that time, moved Gon to make way for him before trading him?
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Rock View Post
    AGon takes way too much heat on this board, IMHO. The dude is coming off an entire season ending injury from last year and working himself back. Yes, he started slow, but also hurt himself and missed alot of games. Alot of guys started slow on this team but have had more non-injured time to get themselves right. I believe AGon is just now starting to do that offensively. And I've seen him make some very good plays that our other SS's wouldn't be making. I say leave him 8th in the order and keep our defense solid up the middle.

His contract next year is an option year and more than likely won't be picked up, or they sign him for less, if there aren't any better options.
    Couldn't agree with more, Dude. His defense has been very good this year and he is making progress at the plate. To expect him to come back and automatically hit .270-.280 after a year away is a bit much to expect.

That being stated, if they could move him for workable parts, I would not be against it.

As you stated, next year he very likely will not be back.

Kinda surprising but AGon has been one player we can count on to be in the lineup so far this year.

Turn Off Ads?