Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to DL Votto

Time to DL Votto

This is getting bizarre. Inner ear infection? I have some doubts at this point.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Re: Time to DL Votto

I'd rather have a dizzy Joey Votto playing than almost anyone else on this roster.

It seems not to have affected his game, other than when he decides he cannot play.
    sorry we're boring

vertigo is extremely disconcerting and makes it difficult to do almost anything, much less play baseball.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Inner ear infection + flight to Milwaukee = dizziness recurrance (Those things don't go away that easily and flying doesn't help matters.)

I worried about this after the last road trip when he left one of the AZ games and then couldn't play much in San Diego. The flying can't be helped on road trips but since it's not that far away, can we ship Joey via UPS or Fedex to St. Louis!? I'm only half kidding too.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Haunted by walks

Maybe he can use John Madden's bus.

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Maybe he can use John Madden's bus.
    Actually with the day off on Thursday, someone should have driven him to Milwaukee and they should drive him to St. Louis and then home.

I'm starting to get worried to. It's not normal for guys in their early 20s to be incapacitated by dizziness. Of course, I have no idea what the doctors are saying, but it does seem like a good idea to DL him in order to force him to focus just on getting better.

Then in 2 weeks or so he can worry about, you know, having to hit a small ball thrown at 90+ MPH with a small wooden stick.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by top6 View Post
    I'm starting to get worried to. It's not normal for guys in their early 20s to be incapacitated by dizziness. Of course, I have no idea what the doctors are saying, but it does seem like a good idea to DL him in order to force him to focus just on getting better.

Then in 2 weeks or so he can worry about, you know, having to hit a small ball thrown at 90+ MPH with a small wooden stick.
    Focus getting better? Is there a way on focussing on not being dizzy?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Imagine the numbers a non-dizzy, non-ear infected, healthy Joey Votto could put up

Time is the Revelator.

I think Votto is just a pot head who needs to stop getting high before games.

Fay expects Votto to be DL'ed.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...cincinnati.com

Good morning, at least it's morning in Milwaukee. I took my phone with me to the excercise room, thinking the Reds might make a move by now. They didn't in the hour I spent on the stationary bike (I feel like a new man, thank you). I'm told we may have something later.

If Joey Votto goes on the DL -- my guess is he will -- the Reds don't have a lot of chocie. If the Reds are going to play Ramon Hernandez at first, they need another catcher. Neither Craig Tatum (.229) or Wilkin Castillo (.196) is hitting at Louisville.

Drew Stubbs really is the only guy hitting (.296, .395 on-base) much at Louisville. But he's not on the 40-man. And I don't know if the Reds could get him enough at-bats to warrant a call-up.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Mike Lincoln for the just DFA'd David Dellucci. Dellucci makes $4 Million in 2009. Lincoln makes $1.5 Million in 2009 and $2.5 Million in 2010. Its a match made in Heaven. Then DL Votto and Activate Volquez. The Reds get a LH bench bat and remove a problem from the staff this year and next. If Dellucci stinks the Reds are no worse off DFAing him than they would be DFAing Lincoln. With Fisher now and Roenicke, Manuel, Viola and maybe Stewart in the wings, Lincoln is just roster clutter at this point anyway.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

It's a shame Votto is having these problems because he's on pace to have a huge season. Despite missing 10+ games, he's on pace for 40 doubles, 32 homers, 133 RBI, and 93 walks to go along with a 1.091 OPS. The Reds need a healthy Votto. This offense isn't all that great with him in, so imagine how bad it will be if he misses an extended amount of time.

High five!

Hey, the Orioles just DFA's Paul Bako!

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Hey, the Orioles just DFA's Paul Bako!

Shhhh. If The Reds put Hernandez at 1B....
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Turn Off Ads?