Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Did Anyone Hear this Trade on Sunday Sportstalk

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    584

    Did Anyone Hear this Trade on Sunday Sportstalk

    There is a guy who consistently calls Sunday morning sports talk and says that the problem with the Reds is Harang and Arroyo. That the Reds need to trade both of them right away and that if Bailey and Maloney were given as many starts as we waste on Harang and Arroyo then they would produce just as well. Here is a trade he actually proposed Bailey, Bruce, Stubbs, and Encarnacion for Ryan Zimmerman. Ken Brew did not want to trade all of these guys but he thought there was no way that Washington would accept that trade. Would the Reds not be the laughing stock of baseball if they were to offer all of those players for Ryan Zimmerman? Ken Brew just does not seem to know anything more than a casual, very casual fan of baseball.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,325

    Re: Did Anyone Hear this Trade on Sunday Sportstalk

    THat's why Sports Talk is awful and why I've stopped listening to it.

  4. #3
    Member Maldez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    349

    Re: Did Anyone Hear this Trade on Sunday Sportstalk

    "The problem" with the Reds is not Harang and Arroyo. Bronson' 7-3, for cripes sakes, and Harang is now 5-5, so that's a goofy thing to say, right off the bat. Cincy would finish the year 97-65 if all its pitchers were that successful.

    And Homer Bailey couldn't win 10 games in a season if he pitcher for the '27 Yankees.

  5. #4
    Gary Redus Ruled
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Albion NY
    Posts
    461

    Re: Did Anyone Hear this Trade on Sunday Sportstalk

    i want back the thirty seconds of my life it took to read this crappy post
    Hoping for another Reds October

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: Did Anyone Hear this Trade on Sunday Sportstalk

    the only thing I can point out about this post that is factual is this: if we are going to trade for a LF big bat.......then we are going to have to give up either AH or BO in addition to a top prospect like Stubbs....Noone wants Homer right now for what we will want in return. It will take 2 big names(1MLB,1AAA) to get anything worth their salt.

  7. #6
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,045

    Re: Did Anyone Hear this Trade on Sunday Sportstalk

    Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    the only thing I can point out about this post that is factual is this: if we are going to trade for a LF big bat.......then we are going to have to give up either AH or BO in addition to a top prospect like Stubbs....Noone wants Homer right now for what we will want in return. It will take 2 big names(1MLB,1AAA) to get anything worth their salt.
    Then do it I say
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

  8. #7
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,797

    Re: Did Anyone Hear this Trade on Sunday Sportstalk

    Quote Originally Posted by kfm View Post
    There is a guy who consistently calls Sunday morning sports talk and says that the problem with the Reds is Harang and Arroyo. That the Reds need to trade both of them right away and that if Bailey and Maloney were given as many starts as we waste on Harang and Arroyo then they would produce just as well. Here is a trade he actually proposed Bailey, Bruce, Stubbs, and Encarnacion for Ryan Zimmerman. Ken Brew did not want to trade all of these guys but he thought there was no way that Washington would accept that trade. Would the Reds not be the laughing stock of baseball if they were to offer all of those players for Ryan Zimmerman? Ken Brew just does not seem to know anything more than a casual, very casual fan of baseball.
    Harang and Arroyo are the problem. The Reds need to trade both ASAP. Bailey would produce just as well if given as many starts. Never-in-a-million-years-would-anyone-with-half-a-brain-come-to-this conclusion? Trade Bailey?!?!?!?!?!?! Huh??????????

    Oh, btw, both the proposed trade and Ken Brew's response are equally inane.
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-01-2009 at 10:40 AM.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mt. Lookout
    Posts
    240

    Re: Did Anyone Hear this Trade on Sunday Sportstalk

    First off, his name is Ken Broo, not Ken Brew.

    And his response is accurate, the Nationals would not accept that trade. By saying that, he's not saying its a good trade for us either, but why would Washington trade their franchise player for unproven players?

    At the same time the trade would be stupid for us with how much upside some of those guys have, Bruce mainly, and Stubbs.
    Reds 2010 NL Central Champs

  10. #9
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South of Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: Did Anyone Hear this Trade on Sunday Sportstalk

    Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    THat's why Sports Talk is awful and why I've stopped listening to it.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    End of the bench
    Posts
    753

    Re: Did Anyone Hear this Trade on Sunday Sportstalk

    Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    THat's why Sports Talk is awful and why I've stopped listening to it.
    I haven't enjoyed Sunday morning Sports Talk since Tom Dinkel spent the entire show calling Andy Furman an idiot.

    Ken Broo may not be a baseball expert but at least he's good enough that the actual callers are the annoying ones.

    The guy who keeps harping on the Zimmerman trade obviously has been listening to George Noory all night long and needs to get some sleep.
    "Hyperbole is the greatest thing ever" Redsland

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Did Anyone Hear this Trade on Sunday Sportstalk

    Its all terrible. The guys on most of the towns sports talk cant get passed one little detail like "Mike Brown sucks", "Roids are awesome", or "why arent you a big enough fan" to really have a show worth listening too.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25