Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the better CF prospect right now, Heisey or Stubbs?

Re: Who is the better CF prospect right now, Heisey or Stubbs?

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I don't think Stubbs' power will ever resemble 25 HR power. His build is nothing like Cameron's either. I like Stubbs...but I would be very surprised if ever has a season where he hits more than 20HRs.
    I'm wondering whether Steve Finley might be a better comparison for Stubbs than Cameron. Finley was always a great CF and had a lot of speed early in his career. Later, I think in his 30s, he started to hit more for power. Does that sound right or am I making that up?
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I'm wondering whether Steve Finley might be a better comparison for Stubbs than Cameron. Finley was always a great CF and had a lot of speed early in his career. Later, I think in his 30s, he started to hit more for power. Does that sound right or am I making that up?
    You got it right.

I don't think he ever showed up on any list, but he did jump from 10 HR's every year to 30...at the age of 30...in 1996. Raises some suspicions.

Stubbs shouldn't need help, he's 2 inches taller and 25 pounds heavier than Finley.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I like Home Runs so I'll take Heisey. So far, rumors or Stubbs power are greatly exaggerated.

I do like Stubbs though and think the Reds are in a good position. With the rest of the division failing as much as the Reds right now, opportunity is knocking and one of these guys probably needs to go as a major piece to a deal. The best part is if the Reds choose to keep the wrong one, either could probably still platoon with Dickerson and provide the Reds with decent production on offense and defense for little dollars over the next several years. I'd be inclined to deal the one that other teams most covet (and provides the best return) while moving forward with the other - all the while clutching my platoon security blanket in case my keeper disappoints.
    I agree 1000%. There aren't enough spots for all these players. I'd rather deal 2-3 of these guys for either 1 better prospect or a prospect that can fill a bigger need next year on the Reds (ss).

I heard a rumor that Heisey will be promoted to Louisville on Saturday. Nothing is final at this point so take it FWIW.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I heard a rumor that Heisey will be promoted to Louisville on Saturday. Nothing is final at this point so take it FWIW.
    Stubs to MLB, WT to the DL, McDonald DFA?

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I find it hilarious that whenever we move awful players, it is to the D.L. Seems to give them a built-in excuse for being so bad. Lame.

Also, someone help me out here. What purpose does Darnell McDonald serve anywhere in this organization?

That would be ideal but I just cant trust it to happen yet.
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

I could see Mcdonald being cut loose but I really doubt anyone goes to the MLB level.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I could see Mcdonald being cut loose but I really doubt anyone goes to the MLB level.
    Same here. Heisey would likely get time at a corner spot if he's called up.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Same here. Heisey would likely get time at a corner spot if he's called up.
    No reason in not playing both of them in CF and RF and even time at left even though I certainly would hate for either of them to be brought up and get a day in LF in the majors.

I'd like to believe it, but I'm skeptical. Heisey's wife admitted to knowing when he'd be promoted one level in the past, and even she wasn't allowed to tell him since an injury would prevent it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    You got it right.

I don't think he ever showed up on any list, but he did jump from 10 HR's every year to 30...at the age of 30...in 1996. Raises some suspicions.

Stubbs shouldn't need help, he's 2 inches taller and 25 pounds heavier than Finley.
    I wasn't trying to call out Finley on drug use--just trying to make a comparison with Stubbs. It seems to me completely reasonable to think that Stubbs might not have power at first but then develop it as he matures as a hitter in MLB. Until then, he'll still be very useful on the bases and in the outfield.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Good call OBM.

It will be interesting to see these two side by side in Louisville. Maybe this question will get answered after all.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Good call OBM.

It will be interesting to see these two side by side in Louisville. Maybe this question will get answered after all.
    What question?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    What question?
    The title of this thread.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?