Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How drunk do you have to be?

How drunk do you have to be?

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/19602434/detail.html#

Police: Drunk Man Took Tractor, Car On Wild Ride

Man Arrested After Crash Into Creek

POSTED: 2:17 pm EDT May 29, 2009

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- A man who decided to tow his wrecked car on its top behind a farm tractor faces charges after running both vehicles into a creek while drunk early Friday morning, Indiana State Police said.

Troopers were called to Bluejay Road, near Eppert Road in northeastern Vigo County, just before 7 a.m.

Officers found a large farm tractor and car had plunged over the west side of a bridge near the intersection, but the tractor's driver was nowhere to be found.

Master Trooper Todd Miles said officers received a tip that the driver was hiding at a farmhouse nearby.

Kevin Michael Whitesell, 31, of Terre Haute, was taken into custody at the farmhouse. He was held Friday on charges of driving while intoxicated and leaving the scene of a crash.

Miles said that Whitesell had wrecked his car at about 5 a.m. and decided to walk to the farmhouse, about two miles away, to get a four-wheel tractor in an attempt to haul the car away.

"Whitesell then … hooked the overturned car to the tractor and began dragging the car on its top eastbound on Bluejay," Miles said in a news release from ISP.

Police said Whitesell lost control of the tractor on the bridge, pushing both vehicles into Otter Creek.

Whitesell had taken the tractor from Plant Farms, where he worked, ISP said, but didn't tell his employer that he had taken it.

Damage to the tractor was estimated at $150,000 and as much as $20,000 in damage was done to the bridge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How drunk do you have to be?

Darwin Award nominee, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post

I don't think he qualifies since he is still among the living.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    http://www.theindychannel.com/news/19602434/detail.html#

Police: Drunk Man Took Tractor, Car On Wild Ride

Man Arrested After Crash Into Creek

POSTED: 2:17 pm EDT May 29, 2009

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- A man who decided to tow his wrecked car on its top behind a farm tractor faces charges after running both vehicles into a creek while drunk early Friday morning, Indiana State Police said.

Troopers were called to Bluejay Road, near Eppert Road in northeastern Vigo County, just before 7 a.m.

Officers found a large farm tractor and car had plunged over the west side of a bridge near the intersection, but the tractor's driver was nowhere to be found.

Master Trooper Todd Miles said officers received a tip that the driver was hiding at a farmhouse nearby.

Kevin Michael Whitesell, 31, of Terre Haute, was taken into custody at the farmhouse. He was held Friday on charges of driving while intoxicated and leaving the scene of a crash.

Miles said that Whitesell had wrecked his car at about 5 a.m. and decided to walk to the farmhouse, about two miles away, to get a four-wheel tractor in an attempt to haul the car away.

"Whitesell then … hooked the overturned car to the tractor and began dragging the car on its top eastbound on Bluejay," Miles said in a news release from ISP.

Police said Whitesell lost control of the tractor on the bridge, pushing both vehicles into Otter Creek.

Whitesell had taken the tractor from Plant Farms, where he worked, ISP said, but didn't tell his employer that he had taken it.

Damage to the tractor was estimated at $150,000 and as much as $20,000 in damage was done to the bridge.

Ooooooo. Someone's getting a councelling session.

He does qualify for an honorable mention, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    He does qualify for an honorable mention, though.

I guess honorable mention is the real winner then.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

He qualifies for an honorable mention.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    He qualifies for an honorable mention.

Is there an echo in here? :
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

There is something about alcohol that makes some things seem a good idea at the time.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    There is something about alcohol that makes some things seem a good idea at the time.
    I wouldn't mind it if my phone came equipped with a Breathalyzer that would disable it if I blew over a .10
    School's out. What did you expect?

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I wouldn't mind it if my phone came equipped with a Breathalyzer that would disable it if I blew over a .10

I wish my ex-girlfriend had that on her's.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

With the incident happening on Blue Jay Road, all I could think about is the Beatles druggy Blue Jay Way by George Harrison: "There's a fog upon LA..." Yeah, some fog. Yikes.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Senor Votto

For some reason I thought this thread was going to be about that Susan Boyle person

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    http://textsfromlastnight.com/
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Here is my nominee for the Darwin Award:

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/in...liated_sa.html

Jason L. Savage brought national, night-time jokester humiliation and worldwide embarrassment to the Great Lakes Bay Region by having sex with a vacuum hose in a Thomas Township car wash, Saginaw County Circuit Judge Fred L. Borchard said while scolding him at his sentencing Wednesday.

Late-night television's "The Tonight Show" with Jay Leno and the "Late Show" with David Letterman poked fun at Saginaw because of him, Borchard told Savage before sending him to jail for 90 days for indecent exposure.

A Thomas Township resident saw "someone acting suspicious" at the car wash at 7362 Gratiot at 6:45 a.m. Oct. 16, authorities said. A police officer parked nearby and caught Savage in the act, investigators said.

Borchard said he's also had an inquiry from the London Globe newspaper about the incident.

"I believe you owe the community an apology for what you've done," Borchard said.

Savage, 29, said the ordeal was humiliating and "has been overwhelming." He said people stare at him, he's afraid to come out of his house and he can't find a job.

"It's been horrible," said Savage, who has agreed to undergo counseling. "I've been keeping my nose clean and staying out of trouble."

Savage, who lives at 11615 Swan Creek in Swan Creek Township, pleaded no contest, meaning he doesn't contest the prosecutor's evidence and accepts the punishment.

Saginaw defense attorney Philip A. Sturtz sought a lenient sentence, saying the humiliation is enough punishment.

"He's truly apologetic," Sturtz said.

Savage was on parole for fleeing from a police officer Oct. 14, 2004. Borchard told Savage the Department of Corrections could find he violated terms of his parole. The department was to release Savage from parole Monday, June 1.

Savage has convictions for home invasion in 1996, and possessing marijuana in a prison in 1998, court records show.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Here is my nominee for the Darwin Award:

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/in...liated_sa.html

I would think he would have a great career as a vacuum cleaner salesman.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?