Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Redszone mock draft selection thread

Re: 2009 Redszone mock draft selection thread

With the 57th overall pick, the Cincinnati Reds select Matt Bashore, LHP, Indiana.

cincy09 is on the clock...

2. Turn Off Ads?

After going with a high school hurler in the first round, the Tigers look to land a bat that will quickly rise through the system.

With the 58th overall pick, the Detroit Tigers select Ohio University slugger Marc Krauss.

Class:Junior
    Hometown: Deshler, Ohio
    High School: Patrick Henry
    Height / Weight: 6-3 / 225
    Position: OF
    Birthdate: 10/05/1987
    B/T: L/R

Junior Marc Krauss (Deshler, Ohio) was chosen as the 27th-best Major League Baseball prospect to play in the 2008 Cape Cod Summer League by Baseball America Magazine. The magazine ranked the top 30 prospects in the talent-rich Cape Cod League, considered the premier collegiate baseball summer league, and also listed the top 10 prospects from many other summer leagues.

Krauss led the Bourne Braves to a 23-20-1 record over the summer and was named to the All-Cape Cod League Team, as well as played in the leagues mid-season All-Star Game. The outfielder originally played for the Harwich Mariners, but was released by the eventual league champions early in the summer, allowing him to sign with the Braves.

Krauss hit .344 in the league, finishing fifth in the race for the batting title. The slugger scored 16 runs, while batting in 34, and had 44 hits, including three home runs. His 34 RBIs led the league, as well as his .473 on-base percentage.

The only other Mid-American Conference player selected to the Cape Cod League prospects list was Kent State junior pitcher Brad Stillings, who ranked 10th.

A two-time All-MAC First Team selection and 2007 MAC Freshman of the Year, Krauss led Ohio with a .448 on-base percentage in 2008 and was second on the team with 62 runs, 76 hits and 54 RBIs.
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

*BaseClogger* is on the clock...

Wow, didn't realize Krauss was draft eligible already. Saw him play a few baseball games, and one football game. He was a man amongst boys. I could have sworn he was a verbal to play baseball at Iowa though, and not Ohio.

With the 59th pick, the Colorado Rockies select Joe Kelly, RHP, UC Riverside.

Kelly is a college closer who can hit 99 mph on the radar gun. He has two other average off speed pitches and command is an issue, but the Rockies are thankful to get such a hard throwing pitcher in the second round...

Gallen sent his pick in...

With the 60th overall pick, the Diamondbacks select Alex Wilson, RHP Texas A&M.

Emin3mShady07 is on the clock...

Emin3mShady07 sent his pick in...

With the 61st overall pick, the White Sox select Chris Jenkins, RHP, Westfield High School, Westfield, NJ.

AmarilloRed is on the clock...

AmarilloRed sent his pick in...

With the 62nd overall pick, the Rangers select Kentrail Davis-OF-University of Tennessee.

mth123 is on the clock...

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Gallen sent his pick in...

With the 60th overall pick, the Diamondbacks select Alex Wilson, RHP Texas A&M.

Emin3mShady07 is on the clock...
    Alex Wilson was already selected wasn't he? 36th to the Dogers and Oesterposter.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Alex Wilson was already selected wasn't he? 36th to the Dogers and Oesterposter.
    Thank you for catching that. When Gallen sent me his picks, he had Wilson listed #1 and I made a note to myself that Wilson was already off the board, but I got in a hurry and forgot about it. I replaced Wilson with Gallen's second choice, Sam Dyson.

mth sent his pick in...

With the 63rd overall pick, the Indians select Ben Tootle, RHP, Jacksonville State.

Gallen is on the clock...

Gallen is on the clock...
    Thank you for catching that. When Gallen sent me his picks, he had Wilson listed #1 and I made a note to myself that Wilson was already off the board, but I got in a hurry and forgot about it. I replaced Wilson with Gallen's second choice, Sam Dyson.
    Do you have Gallen's pick for this round as well?

Quote Originally Posted by tripleaaaron View Post
    Do you have Gallen's pick for this round as well?
    He sent me two picks, but one of those guys was already taken so I had to use the other one for his last pick. He probably won't be on until the morning, which is fine. I'm about to go to bed anyways.

OesterPoster sent his pick in.

With the 56th overall pick, the Dodgers select Billy Hamilton - Taylorsville HS (MS) – SS.
    Drat. I was hoping he'd be around for me late in the 3rd round, but apparently he's not Slidin' Billy Hamilton.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

He sent me two picks, but one of those guys was already taken so I had to use the other one for his last pick. He probably won't be on until the morning, which is fine. I'm about to go to bed anyways.
    Ahh. That stinks I was hoping to be able to trim my target list a little.

Turn Off Ads?