Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 79-77

79-77

Tony Larussa's managing style is much loved here on the ORG. Knows his Xs & Os very well. Mixes and matches. Watches pitch counts. etc. Basically the kind of manager the knowlegeble fan wishes he could be.

Dusty is a players manager. Handles the personalities in the clubhouse well. Tries to create an environment where once the players get on the field they give 100% effort. Weak in Xs & Os. Unloved by most on the ORG although he seems to be getting some begrudging respect recently.

What is 79-77? Dusty's career W-L record vs Larussa.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Man Pills

Re: 79-77

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    Tony Larussa's managing style is much loved here on the ORG. Knows his Xs & Os very well. Mixes and matches. Watches pitch counts. etc. Basically the kind of manager the knowlegeble fan wishes he could be.

Dusty is a players manager. Handles the personalities in the clubhouse well. Tries to create an environment where once the players get on the field they give 100% effort. Weak in Xs & Os. Unloved by most on the ORG although he seems to be getting some begrudging respect recently.

I think LaRussa is a mediocre X's and O's manager. But that kind of stuff is way overblown in its importance.

Knows his Xs & Os very well.
    Larussa's cover 2 defense will revolutionize the game. He can use smaller, quicker OFers

and the Cards run the pick and roll better than any team in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by princeton View Post
    Larussa's cover 2 defense will revolutionize the game. He can use smaller, quicker OFers

and the Cards run the pick and roll better than any team in baseball.
    He also line changes well and mix's and matches face offs splendid as well.

When did the ORG fall in love with LaRussa?
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I think LaRussa is overrated personally. Dusty too.

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

If anything, LaRussa is overrated because he very rarely is challenged for some of the stupid things he does (besides driving drunk)...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Tony Larussa's managing style is much loved here on the ORG.
    I don't agree with that statement at all.

I'm not crazy about either of them, but I'm not sure what their record against each other says about their management effectiveness (or lack thereof). Especially when the record is almost dead even.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I don't agree with that statement at all.
    We also liked the Dodgers a bunch in the 70's.... well no that's not true either.

I once saw "Redszone" litter!

"Bring on Rod Stupid!"

Is there a Bizarro ORG?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    I once saw "Redszone" litter!

I don't even get that, but I laughed anyway.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    I don't even get that, but I laughed anyway.
    I believe that RZ is a myth, he drives too fast, eats too much and smells like eggs.

I don't know that LaRussa is loved here...but if given the choice, I believe that 90%+ would take LaRussa over Dusty. I believe 99.99999999% of the org would take LaRussa with Dusty if Dave Duncan came with him.

Turn Off Ads?