Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: 6/2/09 Reds vs Cards

Re: 6/2/09 Reds vs Cards

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Sorry, but the reason I ask is.. most of the time it really seems like you' re a parrot repeating every observation Marty or Brantley make during the game.
    Jeff Brantley is worth forgetting, not repeating.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Jeff Brantley is worth forgetting, not repeating.
    Agreed. I'd personally like to see Jim Kelch get more time on the air. Of all the secondary guys, I think he does the best job. Although Merker was pretty good last night I thought. You can tell he's not quite comfortable yet, but his insights are usually pretty interesting.

Speaking of players' insights, anybody else catch Harold Reynolds on the MLB network weds night? He told a story about facing Nolan Ryan that just cracked me up. Reynolds broke up a no-hitter of Ryans (ended up a 1 hitter) and the next day before the game started, Ryan tells Harold "You better not bunt" before the first pitch. Harold was shocked and asking the catcher "was he talking to me?!?". Harold says he stepped in the box and crowded the plate a bit and Ryan immediately flipped him on his backside. Reynolds said he was scared out of his mind. He ended up drawing a walk and eventually scoring. The next day during warmups...Ryan jogged by Reynolds and said "way to be a competetor kid". I love MLB network because of stuff like that.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Agreed. I'd personally like to see Jim Kelch get more time on the air. Of all the secondary guys, I think he does the best job. Although Merker was pretty good last night I thought. You can tell he's not quite comfortable yet, but his insights are usually pretty interesting.

Speaking of players' insights, anybody else catch Harold Reynolds on the MLB network weds night? He told a story about facing Nolan Ryan that just cracked me up. Reynolds broke up a no-hitter of Ryans (ended up a 1 hitter) and the next day before the game started, Ryan tells Harold "You better not bunt" before the first pitch. Harold was shocked and asking the catcher "was he talking to me?!?". Harold says he stepped in the box and crowded the plate a bit and Ryan immediately flipped him on his backside. Reynolds said he was scared out of his mind. He ended up drawing a walk and eventually scoring. The next day during warmups...Ryan jogged by Reynolds and said "way to be a competetor kid". I love MLB network because of stuff like that.
    Nice story!

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post

I think I get the story but am confused. Reynolds broke up a no-hitter of Ryans and the next day Ryan was pitching again? Did he break up the no-hitter with a bunt? Sorry I'm a bit slow.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Oh, sorry. I think it was the next time they faced each other. My bad. The next day thing was when he approached him and said "way to be a competetor".

Turn Off Ads?