Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Going to a Game (Need Advice)

Going to a Game (Need Advice)

Hello everyone,

I'm taking my Dad to the Civil Rights Game the day before Father's Day. I was wondering what seats are the best value in GABP? I want to spend under $100 total for 2 tickets. I typically like to sit somewhere I can see the whole field and the scoreboard. Although, I am interested in the field box seats. Can you see the scoreboard from there?

Also, Dad and I will be staying close to the ballpark. Are there any hotels close by that you would recommend?

I've been living in South Carolina for the past two years so Dad and I haven't been to a game in awhile. I'd like to really make it a special trip. I figure who better to ask than the greatest Reds fans on the Web!

(Mods if this needs to be moved I understand)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Going to a Game (Need Advice)

Try the all you can eat seats if that is something you would like, I think they are around $40 and your spending ends there. They are good seats and should lend itself to a special day. I have stayed at the Hyatt downtown and it is in a good location and is a really nice hotel. Hope this helps, have fun!
    For Love of the Game

"If you aren't first; you're last"

I like the Embassy Suites in Covington just across the river. It is close enough that you can walk or you can spend a few bucks and ride TANK.

I am partial to the View Level Boxes, forfreel. $22 a tickets ($27 for a "premium" game) and you have a spectacular view of the entire field, scoreboard, river, all of it. Unbeatable for the price.

Sections 420 - 430 in those View Level Boxes are choice. Buy early enough and request rows 1 or 2. You are just hanging over the field, nothing in the way of a your view.

Quote Originally Posted by penantboundreds View Post
    Try the all you can eat seats if that is something you would like, I think they are around $40 and your spending ends there. They are good seats and should lend itself to a special day. I have stayed at the Hyatt downtown and it is in a good location and is a really nice hotel. Hope this helps, have fun!
    Thanks for the advice. Is the All You Can Eat setup like a buffet or is the food ordered fresh?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I am partial to the View Level Boxes, forfreel. $22 a tickets ($27 for a "premium" game) and you have a spectacular view of the entire field, scoreboard, river, all of it. Unbeatable for the price.

Sections 420 - 430 in those View Level Boxes are choice. Buy early enough and request rows 1 or 2. You are just hanging over the field, nothing in the way of a your view.
    Membengal. I'm going to take your advice, but its only because of your breathtaking posts.

The best I could find was View Level 425 Second row for $33. I figure that's not bad. I've sat there in the past and always enjoyed it.

http://www.garfieldsuiteshotel.com

two-bedroom suites for about $120

I think the best option for you is to go to the reds website here and click on the section that you are considering sitting in. It will give you a view. I personally like sitting down low in the infield.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/b...atingviews.jsp

I don't know how much tix are for that game but at stubhub you can often find tickets for the seats you want at fairly good prices.

http://www.stubhub.com/cincinnati-re...0-2009-720143/
    (Found some great tickets for $40 for the game there - Section 416 - Lower seats for $55 each)

As far as hotels go I have stayed across the river at the Courtyard in Covington and caught a bus to the hotel. That was pretty good. I have also stayed at the Hyatt as well as the Crowne Plaza in downtown. Look on the internet for special rates and codes or even go to hotline. I have been able to get rates for both hotels for as low as $89 before by finding codes on the internet. I have also used AAA before at Hyatt (I think it was) and gotten free breakfast which is really nice.

I usually stay at the Hyatt Place (Florence Ky) when I go to Cincinnati (love the rooms and the hotel - use AAA).
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

How many hotels are within walking distance of the park? Love a good walk by the river !

I've stayed at The Hyatt and Millenium downtown for arounf 40-50 bucks a night- sometimes 60 dollars, though. I go through priceline. If you select the downtown/riverfront area, you get something good.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    How many hotels are within walking distance of the park? Love a good walk by the river !
    The Embassey Suites was mentioned already. There is also The Millenium, The Netherland Hilton, The Cincinnatian (very pricey), the Hyatt, Garfield Suites (up by the library) to name a few.

http://www.downtowncincinnatihotels.com/ check this link.

And also, you can try calling the hotels directly on their local number and ask if they've got any other special rates. My wife and I got a nice rate at the Netherland Hilton, better than Orbitz, when we just wanted to spend a night downtown (we just live six miles away). I read that tip on the web.

We'll be at that game and are driving all the way to DC on Father's Day to take our son up to intern in our congressman's office for the summer.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    The Embassey Suites was mentioned already. There is also The Millenium, The Netherland Hilton, The Cincinnatian (very pricey), the Hyatt, Garfield Suites (up by the library) to name a few.

And also, you can try calling the hotels directly on their local number and ask if they've got any other special rates. My wife and I got a nice rate at the Netherland Hilton, better than Orbitz, when we just wanted to spend a night downtown (we just live six miles away). I read that tip on the web.

We'll be at that game and are driving all the way to DC on Father's Day to take our son up to intern in our congressman's office for the summer.
    Congrats to you and your son. Thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post

Heck of a Father's day moment, congrats RM!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I've yet to find a bad seat in GABP and the view level box are solid. However, in my opinion, the best valued seats are the infield mezzanine. You're high enough to see the river, but still low enough to be right on top of the action. The gap made for a lot of criticisms, but it also put those seats closer to the field. You can't go wrong with a seat in sections 417-419.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

If you are looking for hotels, don't forget the Travelodge in Newport. RBA highly recommends it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?