Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It is Now Official!

It is Now Official!

It is now official: With Darnell McDonald gone, Willy Taveras has officially become the Red Zoan whipping boy and the source of every problem in the world. Willy joins a list which has included Juan Castro, Jacob Cruz and Corey Patterson. Congradulations Willy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: It is Now Official!

I felt like I read this before.

Amazingly though Red Zoan does at least pick terrible players to whip.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post

Amazingly though Red Zoan does at least pick terrible players to whip.
    Just curious: Willy is hitting .260 with a .318 OBP. The Bruce is hitting .220 with a .296 OBP. And neither one can hit the frigging cutoff man. If Willy is so terrible, what does that make Bruce?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Just curious: Willy is hitting .260 with a .318 OBP. The Bruce is hitting .220 with .296 OBP. And neither one can hit the frigging cutoff man. If Willy is so terrible, what does that make Bruce?

Well I see this thread is going places. I'll bow out.

Bruce was already anointed as the "Golden Boy" even before he came to the majors. Criticizing him is a capital offense as a Reds fan.

Jay is worse than Willy.
    Last edited by GIDP; 06-03-2009 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Bruce was already anointed as the "Golden Boy" even before he came to the majors. Criticizing him is a capital offense as a Reds fan.
    Agreed! And as a Red's fan, I won't criticize him (although Im starting to get a little impatient).

My point is that the Reds have a few more problems than Taveras and replacing Taveras in the lineup isn't going to change much.

Jay has 4 times the number of RBI's that Taveras has. So there is no need to continue comparing their numbers. Apples and Oranges my friends. Two different kinds of offensive players with very different roles. Both need improvement though. The difference is there is a hope for one of the two.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    Jay has 4 times the number of RBI's that Taveras has. So there is no need to continue comparing their numbers. Apples and Oranges my friends. Two different kinds of offensive players with very different roles. Both need improvement though. The difference is there is a hope for one of the two.
    True, but my concerns over Jay are his walk/K rate and his ability to hit like Dunn w/ RISP.

Jay will be good, but not great.

this thread gets better with every post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    The difference is there is a hope for one of the two.

Which one?

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post

Jay will be good, but not great.
    My take: Jay could be great if he would just learn to let the game come to him and take what he is given (which Votto is so good at). On the other hand, Taveras would be a lot better if he would become more agressive.

There's no need to hate on Willy. He's as good as he's ever going to be. You cannot expect any better than what he is doing now. What people really hate is the fact that the front office made this choice.

What was Votto doing when he was 22 or Jay's age. Bruce is special and everybody knows that. He is close to leading the league in put outs and he is in the top ten in HR. He also plays a damn good right field. With that being said, he needs to be more selective at the plate inorder to get the pitches he needs to get his bat on the ball. I can live w/ Jay putting up the #'s he is while learning. Taveras has riched his peak and is nowhere near Bruce right now.

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Agreed! And as a Red's fan, I won't criticize him (although Im starting to get a little impatient).

My point is that the Reds have a few more problems than Taveras and replacing Taveras in the lineup isn't going to change much.
    Lots of people felt that Dickerson would be a better choice for CF than throwing money (which they needed for a LF) at Taveras. They were right.

Comparing Bruce to Taveras in any way just makes you look silly.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Turn Off Ads?