Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nate mcclouth

Nate mcclouth

Traded to braves for 3 prospects

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Nate mcclouth

Braves Acquire Nate McLouth
    By Tim Dierkes [June 3 at 6:10pm CST]
    According to Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Braves acquired Nate McLouth from the Pirates today. Dave O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution says the Braves are sending three prospects to the Pirates for him. MLB.com's Mark Bowman names them: starters Jeff Locke and Charlie Morton and center fielder Gorkys Hernandez.

McLouth is signed through 2011 with a 2012 club option on an extension agreed to in February. This is probably not what he had in mind upon signing the deal, but the Pirates couldn't resist. Morton is big league ready, while Locke and Hernandez, also highly regarded, are further off. Andrew McCutchen will join the Bucs to replace McLouth in center field.

What are the Pirates doing?

Contract this team asap.

ARamirez, Bay, McClouth?????

i think they are selling high from a position they feel they have depth in. Good move imo. mclouth is a nice player but he isnt a cornerstone. Looks like they got back some good young talent.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I think they sold him because he's not as nice of a player with his numbers at 27 as he would be at 22 or 23. They're not gonna be any good in the window he's locked up for (although his 3 year contract extension recently does have me scratching my head)... and fellas, lets remember. It's the Pirates. This is what they do.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Actually I like this trade for the Pirates... A lot of his hitting is thanks to that RF in PNC Park. For example all of his homeruns this year. That .176 away from home looks a little scruffy.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Anyone know anything about the three prospects the Buccos received?
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

He was expendable and his value was at its highest. Perfect time to trade him considering Andrew McCutcheon was dying to be called up.

He is pretty overrated and should have never won a GG, but I think the braves stole the guy for what they gave up.

Horrible CF. Ranked 35th in =/- in the fielding bible last year and right now is 29th.

I think Pit sold high on him. McLouth is a good COF, but not the amazing CF everyone hypes him as.

The sad thing is that he is going to easily be the best player in that OF in Atlanta.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

His bat could have helped this Reds team a lot.

I like the trade for the Pirates too. I've never been that enamored with McClouth either, and now they have a reason to play McCutchen everyday.

Great move for the Pirates. I lol at all of the people ripping them... They free'd up a spot for McCutchen, as well as getting 2-3 very solid prospects in return.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

No disrespect intended here, but "freeing up a spot" is one of the worst reasons for ever making a trade. If they like what they got in return, fine, but don't throw that rationale out there. Nate McLouth can play anywhere in the OF. They didn't need to "free up a spot" for McCutchen.

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Great move for the Pirates. I lol at all of the people ripping them... They free'd up a spot for McCutchen, as well as getting 2-3 very solid prospects in return.

Turn Off Ads?