Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Zambrano to retire after 2012 (huh?)

Zambrano to retire after 2012 (huh?)

If you say so Carlos.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

"After this contract, I'm done," said Zambrano, who is signed through 2012 with a vesting option for 2013. "I'm serious. I don't want to play. I want to help this team, I want to do everything possible to win with this team, but after five years or four years, or whatever I have left on my contract, I just don't want to play."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Zambrano to retire after 2012 (huh?)

His suspension is up. Now he needs more attention
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

He would have been on my short list of posssssssible 300 game winners currently in the bigs. Though I don't believe this 2012 stuff, this statement lets me know he probably doesn't have the heart to be throwing into his early 40's. You've been scratched off my list Big Z.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    He would have been on my short list of posssssssible 300 game winners currently in the bigs. Though I don't believe this 2012 stuff, this statement lets me know he probably doesn't have the heart to be throwing into his early 40's. You've been scratched off my list Big Z.
    Agreed. I think the only thing that keeps him off that list is that messed up head of his.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Carlos, why wait until 2012? Retire now and enjoy life! Think of all you're missing!! Heck, maybe you can convince Soriano and Lilly to join you.

Were all done once 2012 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    December 21st to be exact.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Call me crazy, but by 2012, I wouldn't be surprised if his arm is toast.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    So, would you boost the payroll to 200 or 300 million dollars for the next three years and go out in style?

Turn Off Ads?