Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: Calm Down

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,526

    Calm Down

    Don't get too high when you win and don't get too down when you lose. Yeah this was a bad one, but we were one stupid Adam Rosales fly ball away from taking 2 of 3 from the Cubs after a split with the Cards, with our best hitter and best pitcher on the DL.

    The positives: with Fisher ,Herrera and Maloney looking like they can pitch in the majors, this is not a bad staff. Sure Lincoln is a hugh disappointment but he's irrelevant. Lets not panic, lets not do anything stupid, lets get Votto, EE and Edinson back and take it from there.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South of Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,257

    Re: Calm Down

    Decent overall advice, but this isn't the first time that this has happened. It's not an isolated incident, but an ongoing pattern.

    In a sport where your postseason chances often come down to one game, these are the type that wind up killing you.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    mason
    Posts
    748

    Re: Calm Down

    unlucky with the matchups too. zambrano should have gone thursday without the rainout, and cueto doesn't go.

    not having masset to go 2-3 innings today hurt.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,526

    Re: Calm Down

    Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Decent overall advice, but this isn't the first time that this has happened. It's not an isolated incident, but an ongoing pattern.

    In a sport where your postseason chances often come down to one game, these are the type that wind up killing you.
    True, but remember this is still a team that finished 80 games under .500
    last year. We're going in the right direction and when's the last time you could say that about this organization?

  6. #5
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South of Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,257

    Re: Calm Down

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    True, but remember this is still a team that finished 80 games under .500
    last year. We're going in the right direction and when's the last time you could say that about this organization?
    That is true, but you if you're truly going in the "right direction," games like this need to bother you (as a franchise). It's completely unacceptable for major league players to fail that many times.

  7. #6
    Stat geek...and proud
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Paris, OH
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: Calm Down

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    True, but remember this is still a team that finished 80 games under .500
    last year. We're going in the right direction and when's the last time you could say that about this organization?
    80 games under .500? So we were 1-161?

  8. #7
    Stat geek...and proud
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Paris, OH
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: Calm Down

    Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    That is true, but you if you're truly going in the "right direction," games like this need to bother you (as a franchise). It's completely unacceptable for major league players to fail that many times.
    The problem isn't "major league players failing" the problem is the fact that this team is full of people who shouldn't be "major league players."

    Be ready for more of the same until Votto and EE get back. Guys like Rosales & Janish just should not be getting key at bats. I know people like the guy (Rosales) because he gets his uniform dirty, but he's just not very good, which shows you how smart the average Joe fan down at the yard actually is. Not very.

  9. #8
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South of Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,257

    Re: Calm Down

    ^ Point taken. Either way, it's frustrating to think about.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

  10. #9
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,053

    Re: Calm Down

    Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    The problem isn't "major league players failing" the problem is the fact that this team is full of people who shouldn't be "major league players."

    Be ready for more of the same until Votto and EE get back. Guys like Rosales & Janish just should not be getting key at bats. I know people like the guy (Rosales) because he gets his uniform dirty, but he's just not very good, which shows you how smart the average Joe fan down at the yard actually is. Not very.
    Agree with you about Rosales.

    Sure he hustles, but I'm stale of his act. In my opinion you can play hard without showing up the other team like he does. I think he's actually pretty bush league. Act like you've been there before. Baseball is a sport you have to play relaxed and stay within yourself. You can still hustle even if you do that. Rosales really takes it too a level I don't enjoy. And the average Joe loves it and thinks it cool. But if you're playing ball and you see a guy on the other team acting like that, I'm surprised he hasn't earned himself or a teammate one in the ear hole for it.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

  11. #10
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Titletown, FL
    Posts
    3,857

    Re: Calm Down

    We need Votto, EE and Volquez back, for sure.

    What frustrates me is the fact that we look like we can hang around and be competitive, but mgmt never really did anything about the offense.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,526

    Re: Calm Down

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    We need Votto, EE and Volquez back, for sure.

    What frustrates me is the fact that we look like we can hang around and be competitive, but mgmt never really did anything about the offense.
    I keep asking- what do you want them to do?

    bring up Grubb? check.

    bring up Rosales? check.

    play Dickerson in center? check.

    Sign Gary Sheffield- I'll take Nix.

    Mortgagage the furture for a fews months of Halliday- nah.

    Getting Hernanedez, Rhodes, Masset, dumping Dunn and Jr: I think Jocketty knows what hes doing.

  13. #12
    Schnickelfritz BurgervilleBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wyldur
    Posts
    726

    Re: Calm Down

    Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    unlucky with the matchups too. zambrano should have gone thursday without the rainout, and cueto doesn't go.
    Correction: Zambrano should have been serving his suspension. It should've been six starts, not six games.

    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

    "For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus
    Posts
    336

    Re: Calm Down

    Great original post. These past 3 series stung, especially the missed opportunities at home this weekend. But there's a lot of ball to be played and we're down one Votto. Lets keep it in perspective and move on after tomorrow's off day.

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    mason
    Posts
    748

    Re: Calm Down

    Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    80 games under .500? So we were 1-161?
    good math

  16. #15
    Stat geek...and proud
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Paris, OH
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: Calm Down

    Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    good math
    How else would you do it?


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25