Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Big Squeeze

The Big Squeeze

I am certain there are numerous posters here who follow the Reds much more closely than I do, so for those fans here is a question: Does Dusty put on the squeeze play very often? I know that he loves the sacrifice bunt, but I don't recall this team putting on the squeeze play with any regularity. I thought there were at least a couple of situations in Sunday's game that cried out for a squeeze bunt. Fontenot looked like he was having trouble throwing the ball in the series and one run was all this team needed. or :thumbdown on a squeeze play?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Big Squeeze

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I am certain there are numerous posters here who follow the Reds much more closely than I do, so for those fans here is a question: Does Dusty put on the squeeze play very often? I know that he loves the sacrifice bunt, but I don't recall this team putting on the squeeze play with any regularity. I thought there were at least a couple of situations in Sunday's game that cried out for a squeeze bunt. Fontenot looked like he was having trouble throwing the ball in the series and one run was all this team needed. or :thumbdown on a squeeze play?
    The squeeze play is definitely one of the most exciting plays in baseball, but the other side of the coin is that it's one of the riskiest.

For the squeeze play to be effective, you want to be fairly certain you have a batter who will get the bunt down so the runner isn't hung out to dry. Also, ideally, you want some decent speed on 3rd base. Another consideration is how the defense is set.

Basically, what I'm saying is that stars have to align in order to even consider putting the squeeze play on.

Stat geek...and proud

I can't remember the Reds doing a squeeze play since the Miley days.

The Reds have been DISASTROUS at squeezes in recent memory.

Perhaps that's why...

Turn Off Ads?