Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Votto activated Castillo to DL

Votto activated Castillo to DL

WLW just reported that Channel 5 that Joey is on a flight to Toronto!

Take that for what its worth!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Votto on his way to Toronto

http://www.wlwt.com/sports/19826592/detail.html

Votto Accompanies Reds On Flight To Toronto
    First Baseman Not Yet Reinstated From Disabled List
    George Vogel // E-mail
    POSTED: 5:23 pm EDT June 22, 2009
    UPDATED: 6:00 pm EDT June 22, 2009

CINCINNATI -- First baseman Joey Votto flew on the Reds' team charter flight Monday afternoon to Toronto.

The Reds have not announced Votto's return to the roster, but the Toronto-area native declared himself fit to play major league baseball Sunday after a minor league rehabilitation game.

The Reds open a three-game interleague series Tuesday night against the Blue Jays.

After playing two games over the weekend with the Class-A Dayton Dragons, Votto said he would talk about his situation with Reds management.

At that time he said the Reds would decide if he would rejoin the club or continue a rehab assignment in the minor leagues.

WDTN-TV

Votto drove in a run with a single on Sunday, and scored from second base on a double. Saturday night he had a single, a two-run homer, and stole a base.

But more importantly to Votto, he made it through the full nine innings in both games.

He went on the disabled list May 30 with what the Reds called stress-related issues.

Oh hell yes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Awesome.

Very good to hear.

This team is so much more interesting to watch when he's playing. Great news. Congrats to Votto on his recovery.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

"I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

It's fantastic news, and my prayers will continue to go out for Votto. And I hate to be a "wet blanket", but I hope that those professionals, whoever they are, that are helping Joey with his personal "situation", a situation that appears to be emotionally-related, meaning it may be something that he may struggle with for the rest of his life and on-going, aren't rushing the guy back for the sake of playing baseball.

Playing a couple of games at Dayton is far, far removed from the big leagues, as far as pressure and such.

Again - his over-all health is far, far more important at this stage of the game then anything else.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I'm cautiously excited.

I am cautiously optimistic.

Votto in Toronto?
    Posted by JohnFay at 6/22/2009 7:14 PM EDT on Cincinnati.com

I've been waiting for a call back from Walt Jocketty all day. Haven't heard. But there's a pretty good chance Joey Votto is going to play tomorrow in Toronto. Votto is not in the lineup for any of the Reds' minor league teams. And a "Joey Votto" is registered at the team hotel in the Toronto.

Votto told Paul Daugherty yesterday that he was ready to go. I'll update if Jocketty gets back to me.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...cincinnati.com

So who goes down? Rosales, Castillo, or Richar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    So who goes down? Rosales, Castillo, or Richar?
    I would think Castillo. With Phillips still hurting, Richar can play 2nd. And with Edwin still out Rosales can back up 3rd. Votto coming back means we're back to 2 catchers...Castillo is redundant.

For a Level Playing Field

Good to hear. For the team and for Joey Votto. I hope it works out for both.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Personally, I don't think it's so he can see the CN Tower. ;-)

Go Joey! Good to have you back.

Turn Off Ads?