Alex Rios may have talked his way right out of Toronto after profane exchange with fan
By STEVE SIMMONS

Last Updated: 7th June 2009, 4:47am

Alex Rios has turned into a $10-million embarrassment for the Toronto Blue Jays.

Never mind that he plays the outfield with a not-so-reckless indifference. Never mind that he has taken his five-tool gifts and squandered them with his lack of passion and apathy. Never mind that the hitting numbers aren't anywhere near where they are supposed to be.

All that pales when compared with his foolish act of the other night, exchanging swear words with a fan after turning down an autograph request from a kid, at a charity event no less. Available in today's technology for all to see on YouTube.

Whether management will see it this way or not, Rios essentially is done as a Blue Jay. Failing on the field can be accepted. Failing off the field reflects a certain lack of character. All the apologies in the world may not be able to correct that.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/col...03471-sun.html

I won't post the video here since it contains some not-so-friendly language, but go to YouTube and type in Alex Rios to see the incident.

Anyways, I would like to see Jocketty go after Rios. He's a stud defender in the outfield (+11.9 UZR/150 in CF, +14.7 in RF) and has a chance to be a 25 HR, .850+ OPS hitter. He just hasn't put it together consistently with the bat yet but the potential is there. I'd offer Alonso + Bailey.