Turn Off Ads?

Thread: This coming week

This coming week

Yesterday was tough, but if this team wants any chance to contend this is the week to build up their record.

This week they will play 6 games against the Nationals and Royals. They miss the Nats only good starter in Lannan, and they miss both Greinke and Meche from the Royals. They have Cueto going twice in the 6 games, and the bullpen will be rested after the offday.

This team really needs to pull out a 5-1 trip and make up some ground. I predict 4-2, anything less would be bad. A good team could potentially sweep the trip. If the Reds had Votto, Volquez and EE all rolling this could've been better.

But, this is the time you make up ground.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: This coming week

Dead on. I hesitate to say we "need" to win any number of games this week, but anything less than 4 would by wildly disappointing. These are the games a team that wants to contend will win.

5-1 nuff said

we need to win all 6...that would be huge, baseball can be a funny game though, and even the best teams drop some they shouldnt. the lack of runs with RISP concerns me though.

Playoff contenders see weeks like this upcoming one and win at least 4. For the good of the entire franchise we must win at least 4 of these. Good teams don't lose to teams like the Nati' nals or Royals. Even without Volquez and Votto and Tavares we should be good enough to win at least 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

agreed that we need 4 or 5. hopefully the outfield can finally get the bats going.

I have a feeling Jay is going to break out of his slump this week. Hit in 7th inning of Saturday's game and a double in his PH yesterday. Only a matter of time.

Stat geek...and proud

Aw man, we're missing Greinke. That would have been money for my fantasy team if he got to pitch against our lineup.

Before anybody jumps me, that was a joke.

Considering, 1B, 3B, and Cf starters all were missing, and RF is in a terrible slump,it was not as dissappointing stretch as the #'s would indicate. The Votto thing is however, worriesome. Especially after Dusty said when asked over the weekend, he did not think Votto would be back after the 15 days. If so, and Dorn's #'s keep climbing, does he get a shot at 1B for awhile?

part of BBN

With Cueto going in the opener, the reds really need to get off on the right foot.
    As the other poster said, I think Jay is ready to put a hot streak together.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

I'm looking forward to this KC series. That's going to be so unusual seeing them in that park.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Aw man, we're missing Greinke. That would have been money for my fantasy team if he got to pitch against our lineup.

Before anybody jumps me, that was a joke.
    I wouldnt jump you for that. I have Greinke and was thinking the same thing. Of course I would want the Reds to beat him, but lets face it: the Reds lineup is candy for any fantasy SP.

Quote Originally Posted by xavr1 View Post
    I wouldnt jump you for that. I have Greinke and was thinking the same thing. Of course I would want the Reds to beat him, but lets face it: the Reds lineup is candy for any fantasy SP.
    Owings vs Haren (who won that game) Oswalt vs Owings (who won??)

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    I have a feeling Jay is going to break out of his slump this week. Hit in 7th inning of Saturday's game and a double in his PH yesterday. Only a matter of time.
    I hope your right. It's good to hear you speaking this way. Bruce hit well in Washington last season.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Turn Off Ads?