Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Silly Season - World Soccer Transfer Time

Re: The Silly Season - World Soccer Transfer Time

Quote Originally Posted by ochre View Post
    la liga is on gol tv a lot (I have directv).
    Four games every week and pretty much every Real and Barca game. And you get the finer than froghair commentary of Ray Hudson to boot.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by ochre View Post
    la liga is on gol tv a lot (I have directv).
    That's nice. But isn't Gol TV only available if you buy the Sports Pack? Is it even carried on something other than DirectTV?
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    That's nice. But isn't Gol TV only available if you buy the Sports Pack? Is it even carried on something other than DirectTV?
    I get it in my cable package, though it probably varies by provider and location.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I get it in my cable package, though it probably varies by provider and location.
    Same with me. I can get it with Cablevision, but I have to buy it as part of a sports package that includes a bunch of regional FOX channels.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Which probably means I'd have to go back to DirectTV to get it here. Not that I have a problem with that, as I enjoyed DirectTV. It's just that right now I'm saving a huge amount of money on my local phone costs by packaging phone, internet and TV through the evil Time Warner. Who knows. Maybe they'll pick it as the hispanic population grows.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

You should check out www.justin.tv

People stream all sorts of soccer matches on that site and the quality is usually quite good.

Which probably means I'd have to go back to DirectTV to get it here. Not that I have a problem with that, as I enjoyed DirectTV. It's just that right now I'm saving a huge amount of money on my local phone costs by packaging phone, internet and TV through the evil Time Warner. Who knows. Maybe they'll pick it as the hispanic population grows.
    I, too, go with TW for their awesome deal. When I left Dish I was paying $120 per month just for satellite, now I'm paying $100 for cable and internet. When they dropped Gol and refused to add MLB Network I knew I had to change to either DirecTV or cable. TW made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I do miss Gol and Setanta badly, though. At least I have Setanta Broadband.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I, too, go with TW for their awesome deal. When I left Dish I was paying $120 per month just for satellite, now I'm paying $100 for cable and internet. When they dropped Gol and refused to add MLB Network I knew I had to change to either DirecTV or cable. TW made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I do miss Gol and Setanta badly, though. At least I have Setanta Broadband.
    Yeah, I tried to see if I could get Gol streaming online, but it doesn't look like it. It's a shame because I'd really like to watch some Bundesliga and La Liga. I wonder what happens if Setanta goes under. I wouldn't mind signing up for the broadband, but I fear they're on the way out.

Yeah, I tried to see if I could get Gol streaming online, but it doesn't look like it. It's a shame because I'd really like to watch some Bundesliga and La Liga. I wonder what happens if Setanta goes under. I wouldn't mind signing up for the broadband, but I fear they're on the way out.
    FSC should pounce on the Bundesliga once it is available. I agree, Setanta is on the way out. If they lose the rest of their EPL contract they are toast. They've already lost the AFL which was huge draw for Australian ex-pats and are on the verge of losing Super XIV and Heineken Cup Rugby altogether. In other words, they are in deep, deep trouble.

FSC should pounce on the Bundesliga once it is available. I agree, Setanta is on the way out. If they lose the rest of their EPL contract they are toast. They've already lost the AFL which was huge draw for Australian ex-pats and are on the verge of losing Super XIV and Heineken Cup Rugby altogether. In other words, they are in deep, deep trouble.
    That would be nice, but I think the Bundesliga just reupped with Gol TV through 2012. With Setanta, some EPL games and the Scottish Premier League would be up for grabs.

I must say that it seems like ESPN is slowly coming around on soccer, so maybe by the time some of these contracts are up, they might be willing to put in a bid for some European games.

That would be nice, but I think the Bundesliga just reupped with Gol TV through 2012. With Setanta, some EPL games and the Scottish Premier League would be up for grabs.

I must say that it seems like ESPN is slowly coming around on soccer, so maybe by the time some of these contracts are up, they might be willing to put in a bid for some European games.
    Simmons said on one of his podcasts that the 2010 World Cup is a "company priority". I'm hoping that they will extend that focus to MLS and other soccer entities.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Real has insane amounts of money, just like many pro sports franchises--including those in America who are using the economy as an excuse to cut corners. I don't have any proof, but I would almost lay money on the fact that Real's revenue stream has increased even in this economic situation. They continue to expand their global marketing and rake in the cash.
    Looks like they might not have as much money as was thought.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slu...goal&type=lgns

I wonder if those banks received any funds from the AIG bailout.

Looks like they might not have as much money as was thought.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slu...goal&type=lgns

I wonder if those banks received any funds from the AIG bailout.
    Ruh roh Shaggy...looks like the government is growing of weary of doing what they have done secretly for years.

Anyone see this?

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...ga-rights.html

While I think it would be great to see some matches from La Liga next season, something tells me ESPN is going to stick all these games on Deportes or ESPN360.com, which I can't get because I have Time Warner.

Oooh, look at this one too.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...ings.html#more

Too bad it doesn't appear to involve airing games in the US yet. I hope this and the news about La Liga indicates that ESPN is getting serious about soccer and will try to get more matches on ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNClassic.

Turn Off Ads?