Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Craziness

High five!

Bad Craziness

The girl in this story was a friend of my best friend.

Law enforcement officials now believe they have located the body of Jasmine Fiore, the 28-year-old swimsuit model who went missing days ago. On Tuesday, police declared that a body found in Buena Park, California on Saturday has been identified as that of the missing model.

The body, lying inside of a tiny suitcase that wasn’t zipped, was found early on Saturday in a garbage bin. It looks as though Fiore might have been strangled. Jasmine was last seen several days ago at her home in the Fairfax District. She had recently moved to the L.A. area from Las Vegas to start her own personal training business.

Her mother had informed police that her daughter was preparing to take a trip to San Diego for a poker tournament. Jasmine’s white 2007 Mercedes CL S550 is also missing.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bad Craziness

Is that the same story involving some guy from some VH1 reality show?

High five!

It is.

I dont want to come off wrong but id like to see the size of the suitcase because I cant imagine how a human could fit into a suitcase unless its a some gigantic thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I dont want to come off wrong but id like to see the size of the suitcase because I cant imagine how a human could fit into a suitcase unless its a some gigantic thing.

So, do you ever think about the things you write before you write them? Because this is an incredibly insensitive thing to write.

:thumbdown
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    So, do you ever think about the things you write before you write them? Because this is an incredibly insensitive thing to write.

:thumbdown
    Yea I realized it could be insensitive when I wrote it. Pretty sure I made that clear with the whole "I dont want to come off wrong". I pretty much knew the reaction someone might have but still I do wonder.

Sometimes wondering is best done internally.

On a side note, a lot of times when you feel the need to preface a comment with "I don't want to come off wrong", your subconscious, or some other mechanism is probably kicking in, telling you "hey! We probably shouldn't be saying/typing this". Around here we call it "What Would Farney Do?"

Quote Originally Posted by ochre View Post
    Sometimes wondering is best done internally.

On a side note, a lot of times when you feel the need to preface a comment with "I don't want to come off wrong", your subconscious, or some other mechanism is probably kicking in, telling you "hey! We probably shouldn't be saying/typing this". Around here we call it "What Would Farney Do?"
    same can be said about advice
    Last edited by GIDP; 08-19-2009 at 11:09 PM.

Dude, I'm not in a politically correct mood tonight. These guys have much more class than I have. Shut the hell up.

Sorry Nate. My sympathies for your friend.

What a sad and terrible story.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

They call me "chef"

I didn't find your question insensitive, GIDP. That part of the article is written strangely and sticks out. I don't get the strange protective vibe. He phrased himself respectfully and acknowledged that he meant no offense, so why the strong tough guy posturing? If he had asked the question at the funeral in front of the grieving family, I'd understand how it would be insensitive but Nate posted the article for us to read and see on a discussion forum. I doubt Nate is even a third as offended as some of you are. If you guys are angry about GIDP's question then what about the thread title? What if GIDP's reply was "Man, this is bad craziness". My point is, no one is being disrespectful here, putting up a fight for Nate who never asked people to protect him is a waste of internet space and kind of disrespectful in and of itself.

Sorry about your friend knowing her. It is a crazy story. This afternoon a friend told me about how her mother-in-law, an advanced hiker, had fallen off a ledge in a freak accident and was killed. I wasn't directly tied to the death but it was definitely "bad craziness" as you say listening to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    same can be said about advice
    All I'm trying to do is give a little life lesson in Sensitivity 101.

Nate's best friend's friend died under horrible circumstances. There is a certain amount of expressing of sympathies, did he know her, how is the best friend doing, they going to find the murderer, etc etc. All of those things that civilized, kind, and understanding people do when there has been a tragedy. Death is never easy and it is terribly difficult thing for those left behind. Good friends and acquaintances have this in the forefront of their minds when they first find out about something like this.

So, in this case, it would be one thing if somebody just decided to post the facts of this case and there was no personal connection. OK fine, if you have a morbid mind, you can wonder about the suitcase, etc etc., after all, this is just an internet bulletin board. But it wasn't. Nate posted in the base note that it was his best friend's friend. A personal connection and possibly a close one. One that a person with any sensitivies would think, "wow, this is really too bad, I probably ought to stay on the cautious side, keep any possibly offensive questions to myself, feel out the personal connections, and see how the guy is".

Like ochre said, if that little voice is telling you something, I've found it is best to listen to it. I, for one, think you should have. Learn a little from this.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I really dont think what I said was that bad but I completely understand some people are more sensitive than others thats why I actually added the preface. It's an honest thought/question that I asked. I dont even know any of my best friends friends really. I put myself in the situation and thought about how I'd be feeling and honestly my reaction to hearing that my best friends friend died really isn't much. Id say sorry to my best friend or what ever but other than that? Pretty much nothing. Also if he told me they found the friend in a suit case Id probably ask the same question because its a weird part of the story and really makes me wonder how the crap its even possible. In the end I expected someone to be more sensitive than others so Im not exactly going to rip into you guys like you certainly want to with me.

High five!

Thanks, everyone; I think my buddy was pretty shaken up.

To GIDP's point, I actually thought something similar so it wasn't really offensive to me. I do agree with the others that it's probably a thought better saved for internal reflection, heh!

I guess the ex had a history of domestic violence in Canada and they're still looking for him.

There's a really strange cosmic oddness about this whole thing...and I don't believe in cosmic oddities. However, my buddy and I met about 20 years ago working for a company that's in...of all places...Buena Park which is where the body was found.

Crazy and tragic.

Sorry to hear this news Nate looks like this creep who may be responsible was a reality show contestant on Megan Wants A Millionaire. He has even told friends that he was the winner of this show and was choosen by Megan. I would hope if this is true that VH1would pull htis show immediately.

Is Megan Wants a Millionaire contestant Ryan Jenkins a murderer?
    This is definitely a possibility.

After Ryan was kicked off the VH1 reality show, Megan Wants a Millionaire, he met up with a beautiful 28-year-old swimsuit model, Jasmine Fiore, at a Hawaiian Tropics event. According to Megan Hauserman, the couple were married two days later. (March 2009)

Apparently the marriage wasn’t going so well. Jasmine, who had moved to Los Angeles after marrying Ryan, had plans of going back to Las Vegas and reuniting with an ex-boyfriend.

She never made it.

Jasmine’s nude body was found stuffed into a suitcase that had been disposed of in a dumpster behind an apartment building in Buena Park. On Tuesday police confirmed her identity. Fiore and Jenkins were last spotted together Friday night at a poker party in San Diego.

Investigators are now searching for Ryan Jenkins, who is Canadian, and they fear he may be attempting to flee the country. Jenkins’ publicist however, is disputing that claim saying, “Ryan is currently speaking to his attorney and will fully cooperate with the police in this matter. He is planning on meeting with them in the near future.”

From KTLA:

Jenkins may be driving a BMW X5 with Canadian plates HLY275 or Fiore’s missing car, a white 2007 Mercedes CL S550 with black rims, tinted windows and paper plates that read “Platinum Motors,” Worrall said. Investigators also said Jenkins may have swapped the paper plates on Fiore’s car with his Canadian plates.

Jasmine did modeling for Howard Stern, various Las Vegas hotels, and was a Playboy representative and coordinator for a group called “Girl for Golf”.

Wow. Megan Hauserman is probably relieved that she dumped this guy on the show. I thought he actually had some potential to win it too. Most the guys on the show are complete doofs. He was one who actually had good looks as well. Megan is no dumb blonde though. Even though I think she is highly annoying and self-centered, one thing she isn’t is dumb. I wonder if she picked up a weird vibe from Ryan? Who knows, but you can bet she is glad things didn’t work out with him.. Freaky!

Listen to TMZ’s Harvey interview Megan Hauserman about Ryan and the horrific events that took place HERE.

UPDATE: Ryan told numerous friends that he won $250,000 on the show after being chosen as the show’s winner! VH1 has not confirmed
    Has to be awful for the family to know that this guy is on VH1 on a weekly basis.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

High five!

Yeah. The story keeps getting worse and worse. It's now being reported that her teeth and fingernails were missing when they found her.

Freaking monster.

Turn Off Ads?