Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: downloading music

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

downloading music

Yes, I know you're not supposed to do it but.....of all the music file sharing websites which do most of you prefer? I have tried Limewire in the past but it seemed most of the artists I was searching didnt have a lot of their songs on there.

On the brink of disaster

Re: downloading music

Not that I'd use it, but my imaginary friend likes to use torrent sites like isohunt.com, or activedots.com along with a program called utorrent to download different material. The problem with Limewire, Frostwire, Bearshare, etc. is they are extensive programs that can hog memory from your computer and really slow it down. The only down side to this other way of doing things is you will usually only find full albums instead of individual songs.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by acredsfan View Post
    The only down side to this other way of doing things is you will usually only find full albums instead of individual songs.
    You can use uTorrent and when you go to start the download, it will give you an option of what files in the torrent to download, so you can just take a few songs from an album. I usually won't bother with something unless the whole album is good, so it works great for me anyway. I don't listen to "singles" bands. I listen to album oriented acts for the most part. I mean, who the heck is going to download a Pink Floyd record and not have the whole thing?

Just download BitTorrent and use ThePirateBay. You'll rarely, if ever, need anything else.

IIrc, by the way, downlaoding is legal--it's the sharing that gets you in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Just download BitTorrent and use ThePirateBay. You'll rarely, if ever, need anything else.

IIrc, by the way, downlaoding is legal--it's the sharing that gets you in trouble.
    Might want to re-think The Pirate Bay.... Just sayin'
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post
    Might want to re-think The Pirate Bay.... Just sayin'
    Why do you say that? I realize that things look bleak (it's definitely not the first time), but do you think there's a concern with getting busted or something?

For the BitTorrent (uTorrent) users out there, I recommend torrentpond.com. It's a conglomeration of a bevy of torrent search engines. From my experience, the best seem to be BT Junkie (easily the best), Isohunt, MiniNova, and Pirate Bay.

Why do you say that? I realize that things look bleak (it's definitely not the first time), but do you think there's a concern with getting busted or something?
    I would stay off the bay for awhile.... I've had a friend get 2 notices from his ISP saying bad bad bad you better stop those things. They are really hitting it hard right now (or in the past 6 months or so)

There are better options out there... isohunt is one of them....

Sorry it took me awhile to get back, I forgot I wrote in this thread.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Nope -- both are quite illegal. You're just way less likely to be caught if you aren't sharing the file.

Honestly, since iTunes went DRM free, I haven't even looked at a torrent site for anything other than downloading TV episodes I miss.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Yeah, I was thinking the Pirate Bay sounds like entrapment?

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

When I do download music, which is rare, I always get the whole album and I pay for it. Am I an old fashioned oddball?
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    When I do download music, which is rare, I always get the whole album and I pay for it. Am I an old fashioned oddball?
    I always download music, almost always illegally, but I get around to paying for the stuff I like and delete the stuff I don't. I just look at it as a free trial.

Stat geek...and proud

I always download music, almost always illegally, but I get around to paying for the stuff I like and delete the stuff I don't. I just look at it as a free trial.
    That's pretty much what I do too.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I'm in the stone age with you. I still buy CDs but I'm thinking more and more that that's stupid. First of all each CD probably only has 3 songs that I really want to listen to. Maybe these more educated folks can help us out of the stone age...

I don't own an Ipod because I don't need to wear my music everywhere I go but I would like to make my own CDs and I know my computer can do it. So here's my question for those in the know:

Where would you suggest I go to download songs with the intent of transferring them to a CD-R? I-tunes? I'm looking for a site with a lot of music choice and I'll pay for each song. I'm not really into the commitment of monthly payments but maybe I'll have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm in the stone age with you. I still buy CDs but I'm thinking more and more that that's stupid. First of all each CD probably only has 3 songs that I really want to listen to. Maybe these more educated folks can help us out of the stone age...

I don't own an Ipod because I don't need to wear my music everywhere I go but I would like to make my own CDs and I know my computer can do it. So here's my question for those in the know:

Where would you suggest I go to download songs with the intent of transferring them to a CD-R? I-tunes? I'm looking for a site with a lot of music choice and I'll pay for each song. I'm not really into the commitment of monthly payments but maybe I'll have to.
    Well you're not able to burn the music to a CD with most sites that you pay for monthly, so that probably wouldn't be the best option. iTunes would probably be the best place for you.

Although should consider getting an mp3 player. Even if you're not interested in 'wearing your music', I find it's much easier to listen to my mp3 player in the car than listening to CDs in the car. You can either dig through a giant CD case or scroll through all of your music with hand held device. If your current car stereo isn't mp3 player ready, you can buy a car stereo with an AUX jack for around $70 at Wal-Mart and they're easy to install.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?