Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 130

Thread: downloading music

  1. #46
    High five! nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    6,976

    Re: downloading music

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    We always hear about the jerky record companies as part of the justification but we rarely hear about how the artists are supposed to get paid if the jerky record companies don't get paid.
    Well, in some cases, artists are becoming their own record companies. Although this isn't new (Frank Zappa would say "hi" if he were alive) the infrastructure for one to self-publish has never been easier to attain.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,530

    Re: downloading music

    Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    You don't have to "wear" your music. You can easily hook your iPod up to most car stereos. Lot easier than lugging around a bunch of discs.

    Nah. It won't work with mine. I have a GPS intergrated into my car stereo so I have no interest in having the radio replaced with one that'll accept iPods. It'll accept 6 CDs which is about all I can listen to in one car sitting anyway

  4. #48
    Zoinks!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edgewood, KY
    Posts
    575

    Re: downloading music

    Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Well, in some cases, artists are becoming their own record companies. Although this isn't new (Frank Zappa would say "hi" if he were alive) the infrastructure for one to self-publish has never been easier to attain.

    So would that other Frank, the Sinatra one.

  5. #49
    High five! nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    6,976

    Re: downloading music

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Nah. It won't work with mine. I have a GPS intergrated into my car stereo so I have no interest in having the radio replaced with one that'll accept iPods. It'll accept 6 CDs which is about all I can listen to in one car sitting anyway
    Just hire a band to ride around in the back seat with you!

    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

  6. #50
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,621

    Re: downloading music

    Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Just hire a band to ride around in the back seat with you!

    Why hire and pay money when you're not sure you'll even like the band?

    Better to just kidnap them and then cut a check later if you liked how it sounded.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  7. #51
    High five! nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    6,976

    Re: downloading music

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Why hire and pay money when you're not sure you'll even like the band?

    Better to just kidnap them and then cut a check later if you liked how it sounded.
    I see what you did there!
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

  8. #52
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,431

    Re: downloading music

    I get it now.

    people = inanimate objects
    downloading music = breaking and entering

    I won't download music anymore.

  9. #53
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    6,410

    Re: downloading music

    Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Sorry, 'clogger but to me that's disappointing. Aside from the stealing, it just tells me that music has lost it's value from the days when I would mow lawns just to buy a cassette of the latest _______ album.

    Sad.
    A CD is what, $15 on average? I'm sorry, but I don't have the kind of money to afford very much music. I guess music was more valuable during your youth. I live in metro Detroit. I'm lucky I have one job. Out-of-state tuition is damn expensive and I have my priorities...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  10. #54
    High five! nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    6,976

    Re: downloading music

    Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    A CD is what, $15 on average? I'm sorry, but I don't have the kind of money to afford very much music.
    Then buy single songs. Listen to free music online. Go to the used CD store (although that's frought with it's own pitfalls). Listen to the radio. Go to the library and listen.

    With the exception of the online thing, I did all of these things in college.

    I guess music was more valuable during your youth.
    So it seems.

    I live in metro Detroit. I'm lucky I have one job. Out-of-state tuition is damn expensive and I have my priorities...
    I'd sure like some 20 year old scotch but I don't know which one to drop three bills on. Then again, I have car insurance to pay, my wife wants to buy new shoes and that jack would buy a month's worth of groceries.

    Guess which one I'm not getting?
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

  11. #55
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    6,410

    Re: downloading music

    Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Then buy single songs. Listen to free music online. Go to the used CD store (although that's frought with it's own pitfalls). Listen to the radio. Go to the library and listen.
    I guess what I don't understand is, why is it socially acceptable to get free music by other means, but not downloading?
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  12. #56
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,531

    Re: downloading music

    Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I guess what I don't understand is, why is it socially acceptable to get free music by other means, but not downloading?
    Copyright law?
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  13. #57
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    6,410

    Re: downloading music

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Copyright law?
    What is the difference between me ripping a CD from the library and downloading it?
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  14. #58
    High five! nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    6,976

    Re: downloading music

    Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    What is the difference between me ripping a CD from the library and downloading it?
    Lolllllllllll.........

    I didn't say go to the library and steal the CD!

    Go to the library to listen to it.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

  15. #59
    Time is the Revelator. LvJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    7,281

    Re: downloading music

    What.CD > *
    Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

  16. #60
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    6,410

    Re: downloading music

    Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Lolllllllllll.........

    I didn't say go to the library and steal the CD!

    Go to the library to listen to it.


    Why wouldn't I rip it to my iTunes? Is that illegal too?
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25