Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: downloading music

High five!

Re: downloading music

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    We always hear about the jerky record companies as part of the justification but we rarely hear about how the artists are supposed to get paid if the jerky record companies don't get paid.
    Well, in some cases, artists are becoming their own record companies. Although this isn't new (Frank Zappa would say "hi" if he were alive) the infrastructure for one to self-publish has never been easier to attain.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    You don't have to "wear" your music. You can easily hook your iPod up to most car stereos. Lot easier than lugging around a bunch of discs.

Nah. It won't work with mine. I have a GPS intergrated into my car stereo so I have no interest in having the radio replaced with one that'll accept iPods. It'll accept 6 CDs which is about all I can listen to in one car sitting anyway

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Well, in some cases, artists are becoming their own record companies. Although this isn't new (Frank Zappa would say "hi" if he were alive) the infrastructure for one to self-publish has never been easier to attain.

So would that other Frank, the Sinatra one.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Nah. It won't work with mine. I have a GPS intergrated into my car stereo so I have no interest in having the radio replaced with one that'll accept iPods. It'll accept 6 CDs which is about all I can listen to in one car sitting anyway
    Just hire a band to ride around in the back seat with you!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Just hire a band to ride around in the back seat with you!

Why hire and pay money when you're not sure you'll even like the band?

Better to just kidnap them and then cut a check later if you liked how it sounded.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Why hire and pay money when you're not sure you'll even like the band?

Better to just kidnap them and then cut a check later if you liked how it sounded.
    I see what you did there!

I get it now.

people = inanimate objects
    downloading music = breaking and entering

I won't download music anymore.

Sorry, 'clogger but to me that's disappointing. Aside from the stealing, it just tells me that music has lost it's value from the days when I would mow lawns just to buy a cassette of the latest _______ album.

Sad.
    A CD is what, $15 on average? I'm sorry, but I don't have the kind of money to afford very much music. I guess music was more valuable during your youth. I live in metro Detroit. I'm lucky I have one job. Out-of-state tuition is damn expensive and I have my priorities...

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    A CD is what, $15 on average? I'm sorry, but I don't have the kind of money to afford very much music.
    Then buy single songs. Listen to free music online. Go to the used CD store (although that's frought with it's own pitfalls). Listen to the radio. Go to the library and listen.

With the exception of the online thing, I did all of these things in college.

I guess music was more valuable during your youth.
    So it seems.

I live in metro Detroit. I'm lucky I have one job. Out-of-state tuition is damn expensive and I have my priorities...
    I'd sure like some 20 year old scotch but I don't know which one to drop three bills on. Then again, I have car insurance to pay, my wife wants to buy new shoes and that jack would buy a month's worth of groceries.

Guess which one I'm not getting?

Then buy single songs. Listen to free music online. Go to the used CD store (although that's frought with it's own pitfalls). Listen to the radio. Go to the library and listen.
    I guess what I don't understand is, why is it socially acceptable to get free music by other means, but not downloading?

I guess what I don't understand is, why is it socially acceptable to get free music by other means, but not downloading?
    Copyright law?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Copyright law?
    What is the difference between me ripping a CD from the library and downloading it?

High five!

What is the difference between me ripping a CD from the library and downloading it?
    Lolllllllllll.........

I didn't say go to the library and steal the CD!

Go to the library to listen to it.

Time is the Revelator.

What.CD > *

Lolllllllllll.........

I didn't say go to the library and steal the CD!

Go to the library to listen to it.

Why wouldn't I rip it to my iTunes? Is that illegal too?

Turn Off Ads?