Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 2009 Reds per Lance McAllister

2009 Reds per Lance McAllister

Found this on Lance's blog. I agree, and also appreciate the perspective:

Stayin' Alive
    I know fans keep thinking the end is near for the Reds. They think the Reds are about to crash and burn.
    It was fun while it lasted, but he Reds can't survive without Votto.
    They need to make a major trade. They aren't worth investing your time, emotion and money.
    That is what fans think.
    Here is what I know.
    We are 35% of the way through the season.
    The Reds are 30-27....2.5 games of Milwaukee...in a three way tie for second.
    With Edwin out for 38 games, Votto missing 22 starts, and Phillips, Taveras and Gonzalez missing time, the Reds have scored 250 runs.....
    ....six more runs than the Cubs.
    Despite losing Votto, Edwin, Jr and Dunn, the Reds have scored just 12 fewer runs than a year ago at this time.
    The Reds have allowed 37 fewer runs than a year ago at this time (243 to 280)
    The Reds have the best road record in the Central (16-13)
    The Cardinals have dropped five in a row.
    Nobody is going to run away with the division.
    Joey Votto has been taking batting practice and infield the last two days.
    Reports of the death of the Reds have been greatly exaggerated.
    You can knock the Reds down. They are getting back up.
    You can stick a fork in them. They will pull it out.
    Much like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever......say it with me...the Reds are Stayin' Alive

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2009 Reds per Lance McAllister

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

They are on pace for 85 wins

last year 85 wins gets you
    12 GB in Central
    5 GB in Wildcard

Using Bill James' expected wins model they are on pace for only 82 wins

The Red only have a winning record against one team that is above .500 (StL at 4-3)

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

They need to somehow be a little bit better then they have been. That is if they're going to make this a special season. I think we all realize it.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I think the biggest stat this is the 12 fewer runs without the almighty Adam Dunn. We've been struggling offensively at times this year and yet only 12 less runs. How bad was our offense last year with a healthy Votto, EE, and Dunn?

The fan theme song should be Won't get fooled again! NO NO
    Last edited by Carin4Narron; 06-10-2009 at 02:47 PM.
    PROVE ME WRONG, REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

I like the idea of winning 85 games. Heck, 82 sounds great! If you were to tell me that we sucked that bad, for that long, and the fans are complaining about a 500 or around 500 record? We are playing better ball. PERIOD!!!!!!!!
    If you like Dunn and his meaningless homers move to Washington, there is plenty of room in the stadium because no one is showing up for his bombs.

Turn Off Ads?