Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your predictions for the Reds first round pick

Your predictions for the Reds first round pick

Post your predictions please.

I see Aaron Crow slipping down to the Reds.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Your predictions for the Reds first round pick

I will go with Aaron Crow too. It looks like he will fall and I just can't see the Reds passing on him two years in a row. They really liked him last year.

Mike Minor.

Only caveat is if Matzek falls to them they will take Matzek.

Aaron Crow.

I hope.

Imma also go Crow. I think if Pitt. does take Sanchez there is a good chance he falls to the Reds and like Doug said they liked him last year and if he is there this year I see no way they pass him up. I gotta question ... since Crow played in the Independent League this year if we did draft him what level would he start at and would his ETA be sooner because of pitching in the IL

I'd say Crow would go right to AA.

1. Crow
    2. Matzek
    3. Leake

Crow if hes there if not then I say White.

Quote Originally Posted by Grande Donkey View Post
    I'd say Crow would go right to AA.
    I would bet he wouldn't pitch this year at all and would start next season in Sarasota on the 40 man roster and be on the 'Zach Stewart' plan.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

I'll pick Crow here, but this better not be Tim Lincecum part II where I get my hopes up on draft day only to see them crushed. I'm trying not to get too excited, but I can't help it. Draft day jazzes me up.

Crow would be perfect for the Reds. We're going to have a hard time getting good FA starting pitchers to sign with us given the rep of GABP. Getting someone like Crow to pair with Cueto and Volquez for the next several years would be fantabulous.

what a rotation Carolina would have if we drafted Crow and he went straight to AA. I assume someone would be called up to AAA if that happened . Wood possibly

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I would bet he wouldn't pitch this year at all and would start next season in Sarasota on the 40 man roster and be on the 'Zach Stewart' plan.
    May I ask why you think he would be shut down all year?

Quote Originally Posted by Grande Donkey View Post
    May I ask why you think he would be shut down all year?
    He will require a MLB deal. In order to not use an option, the Reds would be smart to sign him at the deadline and perhaps Yonder Alonso him. Because Yonder played only 2 weeks he didn't spend enough time on the active 40 man roster to constitute an option being used. If Yonder had spent another week or two playing in the minors last year, it would have used up an option year. Instead, this season was his first option year and he still has two remaining. It just would be smart business unless the Reds truly feel he can help them this season.

It probably has to do with the fact that he isnt going to sign until the day of the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He will require a MLB deal. In order to not use an option, the Reds would be smart to sign him at the deadline and perhaps Yonder Alonso him. Because Yonder played only 2 weeks he didn't spend enough time on the active 40 man roster to constitute an option being used. If Yonder had spent another week or two playing in the minors last year, it would have used up an option year. Instead, this season was his first option year and he still has two remaining. It just would be smart business unless the Reds truly feel he can help them this season.

Turn Off Ads?