Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tuesday 6/9/09 Minor league Updates

Resident PED Expert

Re: Tuesday 6/9/09 Minor league Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Cozart has 15 errors on the season. I didn't realize that. I was hoping he could take over at SS in the next year and a half or so.
    Funny thing is he only committed 10 all of last year. The other thing is how many errors did he commit getting to balls others wouldnt have? From what I remember reading about him, his range is GG quality.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Am I a bad person for being happy that DMac had an O-fer night? I really don't want to see him up with the big club again, as I see Stubbs, Heisey and even Hopper as better outfielders right now than him.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    Funny thing is he only committed 10 all of last year. The other thing is how many errors did he commit getting to balls others wouldnt have? From what I remember reading about him, his range is GG quality.
    That's what I thought. I'd be interested to hear OBM or doug's take on this.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    That's what I thought. I'd be interested to hear OBM or doug's take on this.
    I made a comment about Cozart's errors a while back and someone sent me a PM saying the Five County Stadium (Carolina home park) infield was pretty rough. A lot of the minor league fields are like that. That's why I don't get too concerned about the errors. Cozart has great range and is viewed as a very good defensive SS.

They just rebuilt that field at Carolina. Is it still rough?

Resident PED Expert

Who knows how well it's maintained or if it was done on the cheap. THey don't draw to many fans in the gates down there so maybe its just not that well maintained. Now in Dayton last year where he only committed 10 errors all year, that field is ML quality.

Unrelated but Dayton is 5th in all of the Minors in attendance per game. The four teams above then are all AAA clubs. Awesome job they do up here.

Turn Off Ads?