Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Billy Hamilton

Re: Billy Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by princeton View Post
    Slidin' Billy joins Yor-Da-Man, Duran Duran et al. as Reds developmental staff tries to graduate to the next level. Either this staff defends their theses, or else the Reds spent a lot on feces.
    you mean, like that?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by princeton View Post
    you mean, like that?
    Ah. Sorry. (Don't want to be stealing material here . . . )

Charles (DC): Billy Hamilton (SS, Taylorsville) is being billed as a potential five-tool guy by the Reds. Is that at all accurate, or just self-promotion?

Kevin Goldstein: He was truly one of the best athletes in the draft. I don't think he'll ever be a monter power guy, but yes, he's VERY toolsy.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ch...php?chatId=616

Looks a little like Chris Henry
    Go BLUE!!!

Hamilton says he's likely to sign

http://www.clarionledger.com/article...62/1287/SPORTS

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Looks a little like Chris Henry
    Let's just hope he stays away from Chris Henry

From the few videos I've seem of Hamilton, he looks VERY raw but loaded with athletic ability. Where do you guys think he'll start? GCL?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    From the few videos I've seem of Hamilton, he looks VERY raw but loaded with athletic ability. Where do you guys think he'll start? GCL?
    The Reds always start their HS picks in the GCL/Extended ST. So unless he doesn't sign until the deadline, that's where he will go.

Yes -- there's no question about that. He and his cousin will be there. And don't be totally shocked if he's back there in 2010 (or in the Arizona Rookie League, if the Reds move the team out there, which is probable),

It's only five games but Billy Hamilton is off to a great start with the GCL Reds. So far he's hitting .400/.409/.450 - .859 in 20 atbats, with 1 BB/3 K and he's also 6-for-6 in the stolen base department. He's an incredible athlete with plus range and a strong arm and plenty of room to fill out without losing any speed. He's listed at 6-foot-1 and 160 pounds, so he could easily add 25-30 pounds to his frame and add some power. I have a great feeling about Hamilton.

It seems like his arm may be to strong...

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Really like the Hamilton pick now that he's had a few games under his belt and we have a better idea of what we got. Keith Law (who probably never saw him play) wrote him off immediately as a guy that couldn't hit. Would be great to see us look back in a few years on the Hamilton pick as a steal. I like taking the high ceiling guys in the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    It's only five games but Billy Hamilton is off to a great start with the GCL Reds. So far he's hitting .400/.409/.450 - .859 in 20 atbats, with 1 BB/3 K and he's also 6-for-6 in the stolen base department. He's an incredible athlete with plus range and a strong arm and plenty of room to fill out without losing any speed. He's listed at 6-foot-1 and 160 pounds, so he could easily add 25-30 pounds to his frame and add some power. I have a great feeling about Hamilton.
    I had not realized he already signed. I need to pay more attention.

Good to hear, though. He oozes of 'potential' in seeing some of his videos.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Hamilton may be blocked now that we have Tim Beckham in the system...

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...-Beckham.shtml

:
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Hamilton may be blocked now that we have Tim Beckham in the system...

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...-Beckham.shtml

:
    ?

Is this a joke or am I just missing something?
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Turn Off Ads?