Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone have the iphone?

High five!

Re: anyone have the iphone?

Ah, I got it mixed up. I think it's the VOICE plan that's optional.

2. Turn Off Ads?

An IPhone without a data plan is like leg without a foot.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    My wife wants the iPhone... probably getting it for her, for Christmas, but I have a few questions...

1) Do you have to have a data plan?

2) Do the apps cost per month or just a one time purchase?

3) What is with the hard drive sizes? Is the 8 enough?
    If you're worried about price then I'd consider the Android when it comes out and get a Sprint contract. It's going to have multi tasking capabilities and Flash 10.1 neither of which are available on the current iPhones. It's supposed to be great in terms of apps, but I'm sure it will be a while before it can compete with the iPhone in that department.

Flash 10.1 is a pretty big deal if you didn't know. Here is a demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pee3n...layer_embedded
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Sprint? Grab a Motorola Droid (Verizon) this Friday.

Review: http://phandroid.com/2009/11/03/motorola-droid-review

Quote Originally Posted by GIK View Post
    That's what I'll be doing.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by GIK View Post

Review: http://phandroid.com/2009/11/03/motorola-droid-review
    Sure, but I was talking about price and Sprint plans are cheaper than Verizon.

High five!

Check out this bottom line cost comparison on current gen smartphones.

http://mashable.com/2009/10/29/droid-vs-iphone/

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I'm interested to see how the Android "app store" functions when the platform has so many different hardware configurations and manufacturers.

It'll be interesting to see if the apps "play nice" will all the different handset manufacturers.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I'm interested to see how the Android "app store" functions when the platform has so many different hardware configurations and manufacturers.

It'll be interesting to see if the apps "play nice" will all the different handset manufacturers.
    That's a good point. My contract with Sprint is up in a month, but I'll probably wait a while to decide what I'm going to do. The Android app store is something that I was thinking could keep me with Sprint, but like you said I'll have to see if they "play nice".

As a consultant for a Verizon Wireless retailer, my personal opinion is that the Droid is nice, certainly feature-rich, but Motorola does not have a good history with trying to do too much with their phones. The Krave was a disaster. The Q was widely regarded as the worst smart phone in terms of shelf life. I have no faith in Motorola to live up to this hype, though it's a shame as I'm interested to see how the OS does in its debut with Verizon.

Interestingly enough, this all came about after the negotiations with Apple and Verizon fell apart due to 'creative' differences. Apple wanted more lenient customization than Verizon Wireless typically gives manufacturers in the technical acceptance phase. My personal opinion is the Droid is going to be an expensive nightmare. The features will be great, but I worry about the life. The Blackberry Storm 2, while the only difference between it and the first is the improved physical screen (and thus not worth the price difference) would still be my smartphone of choice. I like the iPhone, but Verizon Wireless is a much better company/network IMHO.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I recently gotten the Palm Pre with Sprint. I have the data plan. I never was a text person, but I'm doing it all the time now because it's easy to use. My wife also has the Pre and she likes it very much.

Just bought a new HTC Tilt2 (AT&T) for my wife for christmas (I gave it to her today anyways though since her hold phone was falling apart). I wanted something running windows mobile since my wife constantly uses excel for her work and I pretty much took the salesperson's advice on the phone as being the best one available with windows mobile. I'm not really up to date on smartphones...anyone have anything good/bad to say about this phone?

Tyler, I'm on Verizon so I can't give you an exact review, but a near-carbon copy is available as the Touch Pro2 on Verizon. I do think it's the best WinMo phone currently available.

Here's a Tilt2 review: http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-...ew-r_2297.html

So does anyone have the Droid at this point? If so, any early feedback?
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    So does anyone have the Droid at this point? If so, any early feedback?
    A friend of mine does, I used it for a couple hours.

I didn't like the physical keyboard at all. The keys are very flat and hard to type on, and didn't give much feedback that you actually depressed a key. I have big hands, and the top row of keys are very close to the end of the phone when it's open making them hard to type on.

The camera sucks, and is slow.

The software is great, I just wish the hardware (mostly the physical keyboard) was better.

Turn Off Ads?