Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone have the iphone?

Re: anyone have the iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Geez, this is where Sprint beats AT&T, IMO. My wife and I have a share plan. We share 1500 anytime minutes (unlimited night and weekends, obviously), unlimited data, unlimited texts and our bill comes to around $145 after taxes and fees.

With all that said I may give it up for an iPhone if there aren't some major improvements to the Instinct.
    I've read a lot of good things about the Palm Pre which is Sprint, correct?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    I demoed the Pre and didn't like the keyboard or the build of the phone -- they keys felt cheap and plasticy and weren't very responsive. Plus, I have bigger hands, and I felt even more cramped typing on the Pre than I did on the Treo I just switched off from.

Hopefully they'll get the next revision right (and include additional memory), because the current Pre just didn't feel right.

I'll give Palm credit, though -- at least they avoided repeating the gigantic swing-and-a-miss that was the Blackberry Storm.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    My wife is getting the Pre. She demo'd it as well, she liked it. I didn't, like CE said it's pretty small and typing was tough for me. For all of it's flaws I like the Instinct better than the Pre.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

High five!

Fangraphs just released an app for the iPhone. Live win probability, whoa!

I'm holding out for the Verizon Android phone due for release in November. I'd probably own an iPhone now if it wasn't on AT&T. Considering my dislike for everything Apple, that's saying a lot.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

The Motorola Sholes / A855? If so, me too.

Quote Originally Posted by GIK View Post
    The Motorola Sholes / A855? If so, me too.
    Yeah, I think that's what it is called. It may also end up being called the Tao. The name aside, with open source apps, it's got more potential functionality than the iPhone (and no AT&T).
    Last edited by paintmered; 09-29-2009 at 12:25 AM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

The HTC Touch Pro 2 may keep me from switching from sprint to AT&T.

Alright, I have sprint and I need a new phone. I have the Lotus and I hate it. What is the best phone sprint makes?

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Alright, I have sprint and I need a new phone. I have the Lotus and I hate it. What is the best phone sprint makes?
    The HTC Touch Pro 2. You can only get it online at this point, but I know a Sprint tech that has it and I've toyed around with it a little. He says it's by far the best phone Sprint makes. The Palm Pre is good, but he says if you want that to wait a few months for better versions and fixes to the bugs to come out.

The Touch Pro 2 should be in stores before Christmas and Sprint phones are almost always cheaper when they get to the stores.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Anyone else playing Home Run Battle 3D? It's my favorite game on the platform and the head-to-head is a blast. I've squared off against hitters from dozens of countries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHmgh...eature=related

My wife wants the iPhone... probably getting it for her, for Christmas, but I have a few questions...

1) Do you have to have a data plan?

2) Do the apps cost per month or just a one time purchase?

3) What is with the hard drive sizes? Is the 8 enough?

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    My wife wants the iPhone... probably getting it for her, for Christmas, but I have a few questions...

No.

One time.

It's been enough for my wife!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post

From what I was told at the time of ordering, you *must* have a data plan with your iPhone for AT&T to activate it. It's a flat-rate plan for unlimited internet usage, and to be honest, the best features of the iPhone (using the app store, downloading music while on the go, checknig e-mail, browsing the web) absolutely require it.

Apps are 1-time costs, with most apps providing free updates periodically to add new features and improve usability.

However, this may be changing. Apple recently allowed developers to include "in-app purchasing" -- which means that there will be some apps coming on to the marketplace which may require users to make additional purchases within the app to gain additional functionality (example: a game like Rock Band may cost $4.99, but may also charge users additional $.99 to download new tracks for the game).

As of right now, though, most apps are one-time purchases, most have limited-feature demos or 'lite' versions that can be downloaded first, and there are several amazing free apps out there as well.

The 3GS comes in 16 and 32 gigs, while if you want the 8 gig you will have to buy the older 3G model.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend the 3G at 8 gigs. For one, it's a good deal slower when running apps and using the phone. Additionally, there are additional features of the 3GS (primarily the compass) which is required for some of the newer apps that do "augmented reality" type stuff (where the GPS and compass overlay information about your location as you pan the phone's camera around -- really neat stuff).

Otherwise, size only matters when it comes to how much music and video you want to put on your iPhone. Most common apps are fairly small, so I imagine you'd be hard-pressed to hit 8 gigs installing just apps on your phone. However, if she wants to listen to music and watch TV shows on her iPhone and treat it like another iPod, then you'll find that 8 gigs disappears pretty quickly these days.

Good luck! I've had my iPhone for 5 months, and I've loved it thus far.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Retired

Data plan is required for iPhone, or any other smartphone for that matter, on AT&T.

It's $30 per month.

Turn Off Ads?