Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: anyone have the iphone?

Re: anyone have the iphone?

I am in love with the iphone....I am toting these apps

* C Nati.....this is C trents iphone app everything about the nati

*MLB at bat 2010: Had this every year and I would pay more for it

* Baseball Pro and FanGraphs: GREAT 2 apps for all you stat junkies

* Sportacular Pro: no info needed...this app rocks for the sports nut

* a few different betting apps...my 2 favorites are Bet Sports and ibetfootball Pro...these 2 are hands down the best imo, I have a few others not worth mentioning.

* ESPN the Radio....its ok but I usually have a radio handy so I really dont use this to much...nice t have around though

* Flixster

* Direct TV app...DVR any show movie or game from anywhere with a cell signal...this has saved me more than once

* AT&T....Dictionary...Congress app....these are self describing

* Home Keeper....I suggest every home owner get this app for your yearly to-do's....you can manage alot with this app...one of my favorites.

* Weather Channel

* GPS motion X....great app for tracking your bike rides or your hikes

* Pocket Tunes....only app out there that has sirius radio AND howard stern....even sirius came out with an app but they left out the Stern channels...this app has him

I only carry a few games....

I have always been the person who thought smart phones were for idiots who like to waste money...but once I got mine, its made my life so much easier....

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    The MLB app is a great app but i wish they would figure out a way that if you subscribe to Extra Innings via Satellite or Cable you should be able to see all the games on the App without having to pay for an MLB.tv subscription.
    You could do that with a Slingbox and the Slingbox app, but after buying both of those you might not save any money, at first.

I'm toolsy.

I've become addicted to an RPG App: Haypi Kingdom. It's a little slow at first, but now I can't put my phone down. It reminds me a little of the OLD Warcraft games. If anyone wants to give it a try, please use me (name: Chads) as a referral. Enjoy!!
    Last edited by FutureRedsGM; 06-01-2010 at 09:43 AM.

I'm toolsy.

Guess who got in the pool with their iphone in their pocket . . . THIS GUY!!! I'm now listening to any and all suggestions as I don't have the $200 to replace it.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRedsGM View Post
    Iphone is the greatest invention of our time!!!! I love mine. I use the following (free) apps:

Iheartradio (to stream 1530 HOMER)
    Slacker Radio (for top hits or any other music genre)
    Pandora Radio (for artist specific radio)

The Weather Channel and Accuweather (for weather reports, of course)

TwitterFon
    Facebook

Balance (to keep my checking balance)

PhoneFlix (to manage my netflix account)

Fandango (for movie times)

Lose It! (a calorie counter that has A LOT of restaurant nutritional inffo)

ESPN Scorecenter
    MLB At Bat Lite (their free version)
    CBS Sports

HP iPrint (to wirelessly print to any HP wireless printer)

Dictionary

ZYNGA Live Poker

Sol Free (Solitaire)

I wouldn't trade my iPhone for ANYTHING!!!

Can you stream 1530 HOMER On iHeart? I cannot find it. I always listen to 700 WLW on there but never HOMER. Help me out.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRedsGM View Post
    Guess who got in the pool with their iphone in their pocket . . . THIS GUY!!! I'm now listening to any and all suggestions as I don't have the $200 to replace it.
    Don't try to turn it on for a few days would be a good start. Then just hope and pray. I have heard some people say to put it in a bag of rice for a day or two as it will help soak up the water.

I once dropped my cell phone in the washer while doing laundry. I quickly took it apart and too an air compressor to it, to dry it out. It worked like a charm. Of course it sounds like that moment is well past you given that you posted here at least a half an hour ago.

I'm toolsy.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Don't try to turn it on for a few days would be a good start. Then just hope and pray. I have heard some people say to put it in a bag of rice for a day or two as it will help soak up the water.

I once dropped my cell phone in the washer while doing laundry. I quickly took it apart and too an air compressor to it, to dry it out. It worked like a charm. Of course it sounds like that moment is well past you given that you posted here at least a half an hour ago.
    I've had it sitting in front of a hair dryer (no heat) for the last hour or so. I sure hope that works.

High five!

Check it.

I'm not really a cell phone guy. I have owned several cool phones and several blackberries. After a week or two its' just another phone. I got my iPhone the day after Christmas; and I can honestly say I'm still obsessed with it. It is the coolest thing I've ever owned and it was a mistake making up reasons not to get one sooner. I'll never have another phone.

My favorite applications: MLB at Bat 2010, Urban Spoon, Facebook, Tweetdeck, Gmail App, ESPN Scorecenter, Twitvideo, iHeartradio, BlogPress, Salesforce.com (for work), My fitness pal, ESPN Beat the Streak, Mint.com money manager, and CBS SPortsline
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

NOt sure if anyone has mentioned this, but if you have the iphone, be sure to buy the Otterbox case.

Talk about cool- it's $50, but it is the ultimate in protection.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

The saga of the iPhone 4's antenna issues moves onward -- Apple press conference today at 10 PST (1 EST) to discuss the wave of negative publicity that's hit regarding the phone:

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/07/14/...nce-on-friday/

FWIW, for all the attention this issue is getting, none of the 3 people I know with the new iPhone seem to have the "death grip signal loss" issue.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Got the iPhone 4 and love it. Feels like a big thick piece of glass in your hand. I have dropped it twice already; once 4ft onto concrete and once where I have XM playing ESPN radio as I showered and its slick surface made it slide off my toilet right into my shower stall.

Both times, the phone came away unharmed. Well, except for a slight chip in the glass on the edge. With the fall it took, i was SURE it was gonna be shattered but it survived.

The signal issue is a non issue to me. I literally have to strangle the phone to see any drop in bars and have yet to experience a dropped call which I have gotten on my previous 3GS.

Great video camera (HD 720p ftw!) and front facing camera which will be great in a pinch.

I would recommend it.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I'm still going to get one, I'm just waiting for the white model to get released -- if they fix any issues with the phone in the interim, I'll certainly not complain either.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

When it's time to renew the AT&T contract in August, we're going to get my wife an Iphone4 and I'll take her Iphone2 as a hand me down.

A couple of questions, the data package is $15 for 200,000MB and $25 for 2GB. She said she's never gone near 200,000 MB by herself, but I'm curious;
    1) Does anyone know if we can get the 2GB as a family plan?
    2) How much data is used when you do things like stream radio?
    3) I assume the streaming radio app doesn't work for things like Reds and Bengals games?

Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    When it's time to renew the AT&T contract in August, we're going to get my wife an Iphone4 and I'll take her Iphone2 as a hand me down.

A couple of questions, the data package is $15 for 200,000MB and $25 for 2GB. She said she's never gone near 200,000 MB by herself, but I'm curious;
    1) Does anyone know if we can get the 2GB as a family plan?
    2) How much data is used when you do things like stream radio?
    3) I assume the streaming radio app doesn't work for things like Reds and Bengals games?

Thanks,
    The only way you can stream NFL and MLB games on the radio, well at least for MLB is to buy the 19.99 at-bat app. If you buy this you can listen. As for the NFL games I'm not sure how to listen to them on the radio, but I know they're not available for free.

Turn Off Ads?