Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Breakout minor leaguer

2012 Breakout minor leaguer

Name your 2012 Breakout Minor League player.

My choice? Jaun Carlos Sulbaran. Sick K/9 at A+ declining BB rate, nealy cut in half from his previous season. Should be the ace at AA. For all the talk about Corcino, Sulbaran, with a strong showing at AA could propel himself to top 5 in the Reds organization for prospects.

I try not to get too high on pitching prospects, but his strikeout ability, plus the fact that he has experience in the World Cup, and he seems to have matured quietly. Something clicked for him in Bakersfield. At this point in his career he has better numbers than Cueto and Bailey. ETA 2014 age, 24.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2012 Breakout minor leaguer

I'll go with Kyle Waldrop. No real reason, just thought he was a superior athlete that will explode once he concentrates on baseball.

He hasn't gotten a sniff in the first 20 or so prospects list. I'm hoping he takes it to the next level next year at Dayton

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

The guy I want to pick might not even get a shot until June to start playing, but for now I am looking at Junior Arias.

I'm going with Brodie Greene.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    The guy I want to pick might not even get a shot until June to start playing, but for now I am looking at Junior Arias.
    And that guy would be......?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    And that guy would be......?
    Arias. I worded that poorly. I was saying that I think there is a chance he doesn't even play until June.

Going to go with Wes Mugarian.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Sulbaran.

I'll throw my vote to Juan Duran.

Made my bed earlier with Brodie Greene and Tim Crabbe. I'll stick with those, but the more the merrier.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I am going to bet on Crabbe picking up a third pitch and putting up great numbers.

Since Brackman is still a prospect, I think he will reign in his BB numbers and he could even be a factor in the Reds bullpen this year.

Those will be my two.

It would be big boost to the system if Ryan LaMarre started living up to his athletic potential (especially in the power department). Sulbaran would be my pick on the pitching side.

Yorman Rodriguez

Henry Rodriguez, I predict an explosion of output for the 22 year old in AAA. Enough power, speed and defense to make us think twice about signing Brandon Phillips long term.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    Henry Rodriguez, I predict an explosion of output for the 22 year old in AAA. Enough power, speed and defense to make us think twice about signing Brandon Phillips long term.
    I get that you expect big things from him, but I am not sure a guy who has hit .300+ for the last 4 seasons is going to truly be a breakout type of guy. I hope you are right though that he makes us think twice about extending Phillips.

Turn Off Ads?