Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Romantic Dates in Columbus?

Help! Romantic Dates in Columbus?

I want to take my girlfriend on a nice, romantic date in Columbus this Saturday. We are going to dress up and I'd like to do this big. I wanted to rent a limo, but it looks like that's a tad too "big" for the budget I'm working with.

For those of you in and around Columbus, what types of things can you recommend as far as nice candle-lit dinners and stuff to do afterwards?
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Help! Romantic Dates in Columbus?

I used to live in Columbus and would highly recommend dinner at Mitchell's Steakhouse downtown. Great steak, great service and a tremendous romantic atmosphere.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

If you are not looking to "break the bank"----Cap City Diner on Olentangy River Rd. is pretty nice; try to get near the fireplace...

Cap City is pretty casual. I like it, but it's not really a romantic "date night" place at all.

I would recommend Martini (downtown/Short North area). You could visit the North Market before or after dinner, which is a nice "date" type place.

http://www.martini-italian-bistro.com/

Another favorite of mine is Marcella's; this is another Italian place, less fancy than Martini, but still very good. Its menu is mostly Tapas style. There's one in the Short North and one at Polaris.

http://www.marcellasristorante.com/

Spagio in Grandview Heights is another very trendy, romantic Italian restaurant. I highly recommend it. (Its actually probably my favorite of the 3).

http://www.spagio.com/

If you don't like Italian, Hyde Park is a good steakhouse downtown.

http://www.hydeparkrestaurants.com/

This is a cool place as well, and more "formal" than might appear:

http://www.elevatorbrewing.com/

If she likes wine, take her here:

http://www.burgundyroom.net/

for wine and tapas before dinner. It's very chic and romantic.

Possibly after dinner downtown you could go to the Arena Grand theater for a movie? You might also want to look at what's happening at the Palace or Ohio Theatre that weekend.

Remember, it's Columbus, so there's not much to do downtown. The Short North is probably where you would want to go for any kind of trendy "urban" atmosphere.

nineworldseries brings up one of my forgotten favorites: Elevator Brewing. Every steak-lover must try "The Rock" at least once before they die!

A romantic date when I was in Columbus used to be TGI Fridays. Granted I was in college at the time and didn't have much cash. I have heard great things about the Elevator but never been. You might want to try a Cammeron Mitchell restaurant. Those are always great. Ruth Chris steak house is fantastic, I went there for my graduation and my sisters. Never been to a Hyde Park Steakhouse but it looks nice.

As for downtown being dead the Arena District is usually pretty good as well and German Village which is just on the other side of downtown. Spent many a nights at Victory's just outside of German Village in college so you may want to avoid that place.

A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar

Lindey's in German Village is another to consider.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by nineworldseries View Post
    If she likes wine, take her here:

http://www.burgundyroom.net/

for wine and tapas before dinner. It's very chic and romantic.
    Mr. Burgundy prefers scotch...

"On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Maybe the blooms and butterflies at Franklin Park Conservatory followed by dinner at any of the places mentioned above.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Duuude go to the Refectory on Bethel Rd. ***** French resturaunt and they'll treat you like a king. Get the Roasted Monkfish and the Fras Gras
    Witty signature.

Lots of great choices at US 23 and 270 at Worthington. Hyde Park, Ruth's Chris, Fish Market, among others.

If you want to go really classy, Number 1 Chinese is right on High Street near campus.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    If you want to go really classy, Number 1 Chinese is right on High Street near campus.
    Just skip that and go to Buckeye Donuts.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nineworldseries View Post
    Just skip that and go to Buckeye Donuts.
    Nerp- just keep going south and get some soggy nachos at Bernies and hear local musicians really suck at what they do.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Nerp- just keep going south and get some soggy nachos at Bernies and hear local musicians really suck at what they do.
    The pasta at Momma's Pasta and Brew, is on par with great italian places like Fazolli's.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Hyde Park is fabulous, and if you go there, your date should be impressed...

Turn Off Ads?