Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Live From Washington, D.C. - TBL

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Live From Washington, D.C. - TBL

Wife and I are vacationing in DC this week and, yes, we came this week for a reason - the Reds are in town. We went last night and had an absolute blast. That ballpark is amazing. An absolutely wonderful place to watch baseball. Soooo much fun stuff to do and they have one of the most clever promotions ever - the Mascot President's Race. The 4 Presidents on Mount Rushmore - Lincoln, Jefferson, Washington and Teddy Roosevelt - are all Nats mascots. They have a foot race each game and Teddy Roosevelt has NEVER won. In fact, there's even a blog about it - www.letteddywin.com. Check out some of the youtube.com clips. Really funny stuff.

In the bottom of the 7th, the Wife went down behind the Reds dugout and Ryan Hanigan threw her the game ball. Awesome.

Anyways, the game last night was a blast and we're headed back for tonight's game momentarily.

Unfortunately, as much fun as we're having, I am posting with a heavy heart as we were right around the corner from the Holocaust Museum today when the shooting occurred. The day before, at almost the same time, the Wife and I visited the museum and the officer who was killed opened the door for us and took us through the security protocol. He was a very nice man and we still can't believe what happened.
    Last edited by TheBigLebowski; 06-10-2009 at 05:26 PM.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Live From Washington, D.C. - TBL

Wow thats eerie. Glad to hear youre ok and enjoying the Nats series. Thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by the shooting.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

That's the first thing I thought of when I started reading your post. Scary to think what might have happened. So sad to hear about the security guard, but they were lucky it wasn't much, much worse.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Just read about the Holocaust tragedy earlier today. That is very eerie that you were there and that close. Small world. Glad you had a great time!
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Had to leave tonight's game in the 9th...the rain wasn't subsiding anytime soon and we were both still feeling a bit weirded out by the events earlier that day.

When we left, it was 2-0. Coco was on and there was a runner at first with no outs. Harang put together an awesome start, although I was not thrilled about the fact that we left him in for 122 pitches.

Jay Bruce absolutely DESTROYED that ball. Killed it. Very encouraging to see. The rest of the Reds actually did better than most RZ'ers will credit them for - lot of balls hit very hard tonight right at Nats. The only guy who really irritated me tonight was Mr. Phillips. Absolute DP machine.

The offense still stinks and it is frustrating to watch, but we were a couple of feet away from having a few more hits.

Wife and I made a "Reds 4 Teddy!" sign to show our support for Mr. Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick winning the freaking President's Race. Again, tonight, he had a seemingly insurmountable lead but stopped inexplicably before the finish line to hold up a "Welcome to Nationals Park!" sign. Not the most creative outcome but funny nonetheless.

Nats Park serves Cincy Chili Spaghetti, believe it or not. It's not bad, either. Not Goldstar, Skyline or Pleasant Ridge Chili by any means, but not bad.

Here's to the Reds sweeping tomorrow. Wife and I are having an awesome time here and I would wholly recommend coming to a game here should you be afforded the chance. Truly a lot of fun.

Looks like you would have been there all night if you had stayed.

What the F! happened?? I saw the tarp on TV a few minutes ago with the sound down and thought the game was over. I came back in a few minues later and I come to realize it is a tie game.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

WHEW...Reds win 4-2.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    What the F! happened?? I saw the tarp on TV a few minutes ago with the sound down and thought the game was over. I came back in a few minues later and I come to realize it is a tie game.
    Blame that on Dusty. He brought Cordero back out after the rain delay. He was struggling before the rain came and then brings him back out to stink it up some more after the rain.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

We all know of the Nationals' propensity for misspelling things...they struck again on the Teddy Bobblehead. His last name is spelled "Rossevelt" on the outside cover...those crazy Natinals.

Game 3 today...going to get there when gates open and catch BP. Wife is going to try to get Hanigan to sign the ball he tossed her in Game 1. May go pick up a broom from a corner store.

Owings v. Hanrahan may be a tough matchup. Hope the Reds get the bats going today.

I thought Lannan pitched today

Turn Off Ads?