Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Willy Taveras or Chris Dickerson in CF?

Re: Willy Taveras or Chris Dickerson in CF?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Willy is 0 for June and Dickerson can't buy a PA>

flying flip.
    Hurry up Votto...... that's all I have to say about WT.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Willy is 0 for June and Dickerson can't buy a PA>

flying flip.
    0 for his last 32. Ouch. His OPS is down to .572 and his defense is average at best.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 06-13-2009 at 10:29 PM.

June 13, 2008>

Corey Patterson had a 584 OPS.

I'm for a platoon in left (Nix/Gomes) and center (Tavares/Dickerson). Unfortunately it almost seems like I could manage those platoons better than Dusty. Just an example of a strength that can also be a negative: too loyal. Tavares just shouldn't be playing so much until he's at least 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    I'm for a platoon in left (Nix/Gomes) and center (Tavares/Dickerson). Unfortunately it almost seems like I could manage those platoons better than Dusty. Just an example of a strength that can also be a negative: too loyal. Tavares just shouldn't be playing so much until he's at least 100%.

He needs to be about 150%.

He needs to be about 150%.
    I think WT should be allowed to use PED's just to at least make things fair. Kind of like a golf handicap. Or the humidor in Colorado.

Just release Wily, promote Stubbs, use Dickerson/Stubbs platoon in CF. Enough already. Same with Rosales and Nix - start hitting tomorrow or find someone else, pretty much anything is better what those 2/3 players have been doing lately.

I kind of feel bad for Willy. He is gimpy but plays when penciled into the lineup. He also obviously cares. We're getting his best effort.

It must be surreal to have reached the 99.9999 percentile of your profession and read that you should be considered a sucktacious mistake....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I kind of feel bad for Willy. He is gimpy but plays when penciled into the lineup. He also obviously cares. We're getting his best effort.

It must be surreal to have reached the 99.9999 percentile of your profession and read that you should be considered a sucktacious mistake....
    I don't feel bad for him at all. He's making enough money to keep his family fed for the rest of his life and he's the idol of thousands of baseball fans that love the scrappy.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Give Dusty the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he's just waiting for Willy to drop below .500 or .400 with his OPS before he finally sees enough.

No wonder his players love him.

But when all fails they can at least blame Joey and Edwin and Volquez being hurt as the excuse for continuing to make the same lame decisions.

Always a day late and a dollar short with this organization it seems.
    Last edited by BuckeyeRedleg; 06-13-2009 at 11:50 PM.

Dusty plays favorites, it's one of the most annoying things he does.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Dusty plays favorites, it's one of the most annoying things he does.
    scrappy veteran favorites

If WT were to test positive for PED's, do you think they would suspend him, or really punish the Reds by keeping him on the active roster?

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    scrappy veteran favorites
    So I guess Jay Bruce is a scrappy veteran. His OBP is .299 and his BA is .212yet Dusty has given him more plate appearances than anyone on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    So I guess Jay Bruce is a scrappy veteran. His OBP is .299 and his BA is .212yet Dusty has given him more plate appearances than anyone on the team.
    I agree. Dusty hasn't been given anything to work with. He's not going to sit a player with the talent/age of Bruce. He's also not going to sit someone that Walt so obviously loved in Willy Taveres.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Turn Off Ads?