Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Cardinals Interested In Miguel Tejada

Cardinals Interested In Miguel Tejada

per mlb trade roumurs:

Cardinals Interested In Miguel Tejada
    By Ben Nicholson-Smith [June 11 at 10:58am CST]
    Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the Cardinals "expanded their search for an additional hitter to include" Miguel Tejada. Since Troy Glaus is out for a while and Khalil Greene is still rehabbing, Tejada could fit on the left side of their infield and provide some offense.

So far he's leading the league with a .355 batting average to go along with an OPS of .899. Though some see Tejada as a third baseman, he has never actually player third in the major leagues. He makes $13MM this year before becoming a free agent after the season.

ESPN.com's Buster Olney weighs in, saying he doesn't think the Astros, or any team owned by Drayton McLane would deal a key player to a division rival.

I HOPE NOT.. hate seeing the Cards improve and the Reds do nothing!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cardinals Interested In Miguel Tejada

Tejada at 3rd for the Reds would be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by hippie07 View Post
    Based on 3-year away averages, Tejada is actually a slight offensive downgrade over a healthy Encarnacion (though I realize the Reds would make up significantly on defense), but I tend to agree I'd rather have Tejada.

I believe Adrian Beltre is the best option at third base for the Reds to upgrade to (both offensively and defensively).
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by hippie07 View Post
    and batting 2nd before a healthy Joey Votto.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

dang ... offense ... please...

Tejada, Holliday, anyone... please...

Turn Off Ads?