Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Reds draft signings

Re: 2009 Reds draft signings

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Skill wise that would make sense. Still, I wonder how ready these guys are to pitch in a competitive situation. With only 2-3 weeks left in the minor league season, is there more risk than value in putting them on a roster? Might they send them to extended training in Sarasota, let them get back into competitive shape, and evaluate them for a fall leaque?
    i would shut down leak for the year (he's pitched more than enough innings) but i would let boxberger go to dayton now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I would give them each 2-3 starts just to get them acclimated to Pro baseball, kind of like the 9 game stretch they gave Yonder last year
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    I'm guessing Leake to Sarasota, Boxberger to Dayton
    I'm guessing Leake ot the Arizona Fall League and Boxberger to the Hawaiin Fall League.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I'm guessing both to instructional league.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I'm guessing Leake ot the Arizona Fall League and Boxberger to the Hawaiin Fall League.
    IIRC, the HWL is now defunct
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    IIRC, the HWL is now defunct
    You do recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    So they got none of these signed? Very, very Poor. I am very disappointed we couldn't at least get one of Marrero or Perez. For some reason I thought Fowler had signed though.
    I'd say if they signed their first 15 picks that's not bad.

Any rumblings about Strausburg? I'm sure there's much going on today, and I think the last rumor I heard was that they were so far apart, they didn't expect a deal, but things happen as deadlines end. Wonder what his demands for next season would be, wonder if the Reds would be willing to pony up if they had the chance to draft him.

still 14 unsigned first round picks. Not signing is certainly high risk, especially for a pitcher.
    Last edited by flyer85; 08-17-2009 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Any rumblings about Strausburg? I'm sure there's much going on today, and I think the last rumor I heard was that they were so far apart, they didn't expect a deal, but things happen as deadlines end. Wonder what his demands for next season would be, wonder if the Reds would be willing to pony up if they had the chance to draft him.
    I will be very surprised if not shocked if Strausberg isn't a Washington National by tomorrow morning. Scott Boras will take this to the deadline and get every last cent out of the Nationals but in the end he will sign. I think it's all a ploy to try to get the Nats to panic.

I predict Strasburg signs after 11:00 PM tonight.

Since he's a boras signing, he may not sign until after midnight
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Senor Votto

If they don't sign Strasburg I wonder who they'll pick 1st next year? Strasburg or Harper?

thorn

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    If they don't sign Strasburg I wonder who they'll pick 1st next year? Strasburg or Harper?
    I thought teams who didn't sign their 1st round picks couldn't pick them again in the next draft?

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    I thought teams who didn't sign their 1st round picks couldn't pick them again in the next draft?
    You are correct. They are not allowed to pick the player again without his permission.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?