Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Round 50 draft prospect

Round 50 draft prospect

I know the player the Reds took in the last round of the draft. His name is Chris Page from Batavia, NY and I coached him in basketball in HS and followed his baseball career in HS as well. He's 6'5, built like a rock, can hit for big time power, play 1st and 3rd base, catch, and also pitch. What a steal in round 50. Hopefully, I'll be able to see him play but I know the Reds don't have any farm teams close by. Glad to see the Reds did their howework and found a diamond in the rough.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Gary Redus Ruled

Re: Round 50 draft prospect

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fazio View Post
    I know the player the Reds took in the last round of the draft. His name is Chris Page from Batavia, NY and I coached him in basketball in HS and followed his baseball career in HS as well. He's 6'5, built like a rock, can hit for big time power, play 1st and 3rd base, catch, and also pitch. What a steal in round 50. Hopefully, I'll be able to see him play but I know the Reds don't have any farm teams close by. Glad to see the Reds did their howework and found a diamond in the rough.

wow thats pretty cool. Im from nearby Albion. We used to play Batavia every spring, My Mom and Grandma are from there also. Hope the local boy makes it!

ps love that Pontillos!
    Hoping for another Reds October

Hey thats cool too. However, sorry to say Pontillos has now closed due to financial reasons. Good luck to Page!! They had an assembly in school today and he was honored for being drafted.

Thought I'd move this here so more people might see it. Thanks for the input coach, its great to hear about Page. Hope he signs and gets right to work. It'd be incredible if a 50th round pick made it but sometimes even non drafted guys succeed so who knows? I'll be looking for him now, though.

Turn Off Ads?