Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday 6/12/09 minor league updates

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Friday 6/12/09 minor league updates

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Bailey's final line: 8.2 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 9 K, 124 pitches

One of the walks was intentional.
    That's one hell of a line. Good to see Bailey pitching deep into a ballgame.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    That's one hell of a line. Good to see Bailey pitching deep into a ballgame.
    Reds are getting Bailey ready. He will be in the rotation soon. Everything is pointing to a trade or two at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Reds are getting Bailey ready. He will be in the rotation soon. Everything is pointing to a trade or two at the deadline.
    Question is are we buyers or sellers, I think we might be selling.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Nice day for the system all around.

I'd let Cozart and Wood play out the remainder of the half-season in Carolina and enjoy their All-Star honors before promoting them both to Louisville at The Break.

Anybody else still disagree on Wood?
    Go BLUE!!!

Fire-sellers. We need major overhaul. 3b, SS, LF, CF, C, maybe even RF--all need upgrades to be competitive in 2010.

RF will be fine.

The Reds need to get out there and sell Harang and Arroyo.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Was at the game. Homer was outstanding tonight. 94-95 all night, touched 96 twice, once in the first and once in the seventh. He topped out once at 97 in the NINTH.
    He didn't throw an offspeed pitch until the third inning, but once he started, no one touched his curveball all night. I don't think anyone even foul tipped one. He was on.

Otherwise, not much. Bats lost in the 10th on a groundball through Barker's legs. Sweet brought Kennard in over Viola who were both warming in the pen. Didn't like that idea. Dorn had a nice double and was about two feet to the right of a HR. Stubbs had an infield single he beat out, he stole third with two outs, and had an amazing diving catch to save a sure double. Stubbs has a great eye at the plate. No one really stuck out as having defensive liabilities, until Barker's error. Sutton looked good at short, and Richar at second.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

i think theres a fine line right now... idk what the money situation is as of now but if it's like most teams and we are losing money (revenue) than a fire-sell could happen... HOWEVER if we are drawing even or making revenue than we will be buying two bats... i would like to see the Reds go ahead a sell some players off (i know we could win this year) because I don't want to sell our future away for a rent-a-player or two...

Quote Originally Posted by travisgrimes View Post
    i think theres a fine line right now... idk what the money situation is as of now but if it's like most teams and we are losing money (revenue) than a fire-sell could happen... HOWEVER if we are drawing even or making revenue than we will be buying two bats... i would like to see the Reds go ahead a sell some players off (i know we could win this year) because I don't want to sell our future away for a rent-a-player or two...
    You can sell one of Harang/Arroyo and still have Volquez, Cueto, Owings, Bailey, Maloney, and next year Stewart, Wood, and maybe Leake. Viola has started, Ramirez has pitched well lately and late last year.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    You can sell one of Harang/Arroyo and still have Volquez, Cueto, Owings, Bailey, Maloney, and next year Stewart, Wood, and maybe Leake. Viola has started, Ramirez has pitched well lately and late last year.
    With Peavy being hurt many teams will turn there attention to Harang and Arroyo. I don't like to rush prospects but I think Stewart and or Wood could pitch at the major league level right now. Why not get younger?
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

i think if one goes they both go (harang and arroyo), harang can bring you 2 or 3 REALLY good prospects and arroyo can bring 1 REALLY good prospect and a mid-level prospect

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Was at the game in C-Bus tonite ---- Homer looked great, as was said earlier, his velocity remained consistent and he seemed to have extra "ummph" near the end of his nite....unfortunately, we have been down this road before.

The two big things I was watching for tonight were Homer's split finger and if he could go into the late innings. The late innings goal was accomplished and the split finger was very very good. Homer is throwing three pitches these days. The fastball, the slider and the split finger that has replaced his change. He is controlling the split finger pretty well. He throws it for a strike and he throws it for a ball that batters will chase. A little more polish on that pitch and he'll be ready for the bigs.

I had a strong feeling that when Homer got pulled, the Bats would lose. I heard Kelch say that Jukich and Kennard were warming I didn't think either would get past the Columbus bats. Columbus has some serious hitting and especially the lefty Aubrey.

All in all, I really don't mind the loss with Homer's performance. Still I would have liked to see a little more offense to go with the pitching. As Reds fans, I think we all know that feeling.

More on Travis Wood.

In his last start, he allowed a one out infield single in the 4th inning. He then went on to retire the last 17 batters he faced. Tonight, he allowed a lead off walk in the first inning and then retired 20 straight batters. He went 11.2 straight innings without allowing a hit. In that span, he retired 37 of the 38 batters he faced. That is total dominance.

Turn Off Ads?