Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have a blackberry?

Re: Anyone have a blackberry?

I have Verizon and I'm not due for my "New Every Two" upgrade until May 2010, but right now, VZW is offering me a pretty good deal on the Curve 8330. I've never owned a Blackberry and this would be replacing an LG enV2, which I'm not itching to get rid of, but could definitely afford to upgrade eventually. I realize there are newer Blackberry options heading to Verizon soon (the Tour being one of them). I have no interest in switching providers, so the Blackberry Bold is not an option for me. Even though the Curve has been out since 2007, everyone I've talked to that has it still loves it. Part of me wants to wait until the Tour comes out, but 1). there's no guarantee it's going to be nearly as well received as the Curve and 2). I wouldn't receive the current promotional pricing I'd get for the Curve ($50 after a mail-in debate card), so I wouldn't be getting that one until May 2010 even if it's well regarded. Any input from Blackberry owners would be appreciated.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Can't help you too much boss, I have the pearl 8130.. Believe that's what it is anyway..
    I love my crackberry!

Its pretty good for multimedia stuff which is what I care about.

On the other hand, my wife has an env2 and its also solid multimedia wise.. Although I think her phone has some drawbacks.. Browsing on that phone sucks.

Redszone works great on my blackberry!
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I have Verizon and I'm not due for my "New Every Two" upgrade until May 2010, but right now, VZW is offering me a pretty good deal on the Curve 8330. I've never owned a Blackberry and this would be replacing an LG enV2, which I'm not itching to get rid of, but could definitely afford to upgrade eventually. I realize there are newer Blackberry options heading to Verizon soon (the Tour being one of them). I have no interest in switching providers, so the Blackberry Bold is not an option for me. Even though the Curve has been out since 2007, everyone I've talked to that has it still loves it. Part of me wants to wait until the Tour comes out, but 1). there's no guarantee it's going to be nearly as well received as the Curve and 2). I wouldn't receive the current promotional pricing I'd get for the Curve ($50 after a mail-in debate card), so I wouldn't be getting that one until May 2010 even if it's well regarded. Any input from Blackberry owners would be appreciated.
    I've got the 8330 and I love it. One of the guys I work with has had several different ones, and he said it's also the best one he's used, including the Storm...

I opted going for the 8330 - thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    Can't help you too much boss, I have the pearl 8130.. Believe that's what it is anyway..
    I love my crackberry!

Its pretty good for multimedia stuff which is what I care about.

On the other hand, my wife has an env2 and its also solid multimedia wise.. Although I think her phone has some drawbacks.. Browsing on that phone sucks.

Redszone works great on my blackberry!
    Quote Originally Posted by freestyle55 View Post
    I've got the 8330 and I love it. One of the guys I work with has had several different ones, and he said it's also the best one he's used, including the Storm...

Hope you like it!

They call them crackberry's for a reason!

"I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    Hope you like it!

They call them crackberry's for a reason!

Yeah no kidding, the name definitely fits... Have fun with your new toy!

Votto = MVP

I just got the Curve yesterday. I'm still trying to figure it out. It's been somewhat frustrating because I always thought I was ahead of the pack with technology. Does anybody know how to set different ringtones for different people and is it possible to set different alerts for texts from different contacts?
    2009 Attendance Record: 7-2

I have a pearl 8130 and all that is possible on my phone, so I'm sure it is on yours as well.

Stick with it a bit, it gets easier.. And if you do need help with your phone, there are tons of online communities for the blackberry, FAQ's etc. You should be able to find instructions for your model online.

-Hunter S. Thompson

All,

Check out this thread if you still use a Blackberry.

Turn Off Ads?