Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corey Patterson or Willy Taveras? Who would you rather have leading off?

Corey Patterson or Willy Taveras? Who would you rather have leading off?

For me, it would be Taveras, but clearly his signing was a huge mistake.

He sets the table for this offense and it's nothing but paper plates and crumbs when he's in the lineup. He's actually been worse than Corey Patterson, which is so hard to believe. Worse, because this slump of his is abysmal.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Corey Patterson or Willy Taveras? Who would you rather have leading off?

He's in an 0 for 29 slump, thats really killed his numbers. He was pretty productive the first couple months of the season I thought. Which is more than you could say for Patterson. He also had the injury, so i'm hoping he'll turn it around. He hasn't been nearly as bad as Patterson in my opinion, but I'd rather have the $ he's getting to spend elsewhere.

Neither

Why is Taveras even playing? I take CP if I had to choose at least he has homerun power but I dont want either. Neither can get on base and neither is a lead off hitter. Its Dustys fault both have lead off for the Reds. If Taveras has to play he needs to be hitting 8th or 9th not 1st. Dusty needs to do his job and be a manager. Oh I thought he knew what he was doing my bad. This total offense is awful though not just Taveras.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

It boggles my mind that the organization can do such a job in some areas (upgrading pitching, the catching spot) but fail so miserably at others. This franchise hasn't had a legit leadoff man in ages. How hard is it???
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Maybe we could talk Sean Casey out of retirement. You can't tell me he couldn't walk on and bat any worse than .240. We could use him at first too until Joey gets back.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

I think Corey Patterson was better at this point in the season last year.

Willy is an even bigger nightmare than anyone could have envisioned when he was signed. Which is really saying something. The thinking that goes behind the acquisition and use of a player like this is very depressing and instills very little faith in the management of this organization.

The fact that Taveras started tonight is proof positive that Dusty is insane. I have been a Dusty apologist for two years but enough is enough. Its ridiculous.

rickey henderson

Rickey today would be better than Taveras

Micah Owings should be our new leadoff hitter and play LF, moving Nix to CF. I'm dead serious.

Patterson was atleast a + defensive players, Tavares is average at best.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    It boggles my mind that the organization can do such a job in some areas (upgrading pitching, the catching spot) but fail so miserably at others. This franchise hasn't had a legit leadoff man in ages. How hard is it???
    I don't know. If it's so easy, why aren't you leading off for the Reds?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyGears76 View Post
    I don't know. If it's so easy, why aren't you leading off for the Reds?
    Where did it say he could? Or that it was easy? He was talking about how badly the reds fail at seeing what even the average baseball fan can see.

Turn Off Ads?