Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fay Hints At Possible Move By Tuesday

Fay Hints At Possible Move By Tuesday

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...cincinnati.com

Man, where we could have been had we just played good ball the last two weeks. The rest of the division is struggling and we missed our chance to take control. Depression setting in. --Volkie

That was the first comment on the approval list when I fired up the old Dell at the Kansas City International this morning. Odd airport, by the way. Once you get through security, there's no bathrooms, restaurants or shops. Looks like it was designed pre-9/11.

I haven't been on the computer since just after the game. I saw The Hangover last night. Thumbs up. Not for kids but very, very funny in a smart way.

Anyway, that's not why you called. I didn't read the comments on the last post, but I thought Volkie summed up how the average Reds fan feels in those three sentences.

The question is what happens from here. I expect a move before Tuesday's game. I'm just going on a hunch. They've got to try to do something to help the offense, don't they?

This is a critical time. If this team falls too far back, I don't think it's good enough to recover. Dusty Baker said yesterday that they're fortunate to be where they are. If St. Louis or Milwaukee had gone 7-3 over the last 10, the Reds would be six back.

The biggest question is still when will Joey Votto return. Obviously, it's not going to be tomorrow. My flight's boarding. I'll keep you posted if they make a move.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fay Hints At Possible Deal By Tuesday

My guess is it'll be a reshuffling of the chairs, not a deal which brings in a contributor from outside the organization.

I don't read a deal into those comments, just shuttling someone up from Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    I don't read a deal into those comments, just shuttling someone up from Louisville.
    That's how I read it as well.

Prob Drew Sutton's first time on the L'ville shuttle, with the 13th pitcher headed out.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    Since it was the word used in Fay's last sentence, I would change the word "deal" in the thread title to the word "move".

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Since it was the word used in Fay's last sentence, I would change the word "deal" in the thread title to the word "move".
    I 2nd that motion. Nothing to see here.

Not that we've got these guys blogging, tweeting etc., they have to fill the bandwidth. Nothing but a hunch; no real legwork done indicating he'd spoken to anyone or anything. He might as well just be posting on RZ or some other board.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Re: Fay Hints At Possible Move By Tuesday

how the average Reds fan feels in those three sentences.
    I like being an ABOVE average Reds fan myself.

try to be average, and you will be.

That's why I like RZ, the ORG is full of above average fans.

Back to your regularly scheduled Fay being a dork.

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    He might as well just be posting on RZ or some other board.
    Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Not that we've got these guys blogging, tweeting etc., they have to fill the bandwidth. Nothing but a hunch; no real legwork done indicating he'd spoken to anyone or anything. He might as well just be posting on RZ or some other board.
    Sorry about the poor title choice. Should have said "move". Just trying to post it quickly.

My experience with Fay, and many other writers is that when they say they have a hunch, what they mean is that they have good info that they heard off the record. This is a journalistic trick used particularly well in the political world to convey info to their readers that can't really report on as fact, and can't quote someone on. I bet if you researched the times Fay has said something was just a hunch, it came true nearly every time. But that's just a hunch on my part.

Anyway, I am guessing Taveras to the DL and Stubbs called up to start in CF and leadoff. Dusty has to have his speedy leadoff hitter in CF. I also think this could spark some offense.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

TheNext44 if Taveras is DL'd and Stubbs is called up.. Who gets DFA'd or released to get Stubbs on the roster (40 man roster)?

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    TheNext44 if Taveras is DL'd and Stubbs is called up.. Who gets DFA'd or released to get Stubbs on the roster (40 man roster)?
    Bray can be moved to the 60-day.

Could Bray go to the 60 day DL to make room?

Ramon Ramirez. He would clear waivers, and if he didn't, wish him well with his new team.

I could also see Burton sent back down (again) and either Sutton or Richer called up. Richer has been hitting the ball very well lately.

June - .452 .633 1.085

Turn Off Ads?