Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willy T last night

Willy T last night

Went 0-4 from the leadoff position, and only saw TEN total pitches in his ABs. Thats gettin it done, huh?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Willy T last night

That's 2 for the last 45 AB. Nice job Dusty!! Let him work things out and get back on track while this team continues to struggle scoring runs.

What even worse is the 2 SB and 2 runs scored during that same stretch.

The worst part is, he had the misplayed ball in the outfield that turned a single into a triple. Luckily Owings was able to work his way out of it without allowing the run to score.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

:deadhorse
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

I understand that we gave Taveras a two-year contract to play centerfield and leadoff....but at what point does Dusty put his superior defensive centerfielder who gets on base at a .364 clip (Dickerson) in the outfield; at least against righties? Dickerson has shown himself to be a superior player to Taveras in the limited time that he has gotten in center field, as can be seen by his 3.58 RF/9 [9*(PO+A)/Innings Played] compared to Taveras' 2.92 RF/9.

In fact, Dickerson has the top RF/9 among centerfielders who have played 100 innings or more in CF. Tony Gwynn Jr. is 2nd with a 3.40. (http://www.baseball-reference.com/le...fielding.shtml)

Until he proves that he can't handle it, Dickerson should be leading off for the Reds.
    Last edited by REDSEER; 06-18-2009 at 09:14 AM.
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by redlegz View Post
    The worst part is, he had the misplayed ball in the outfield that turned a single into a triple. Luckily Owings was able to work his way out of it without allowing the run to score.
    Just how did he misplay it. I'm not defending him because misplaying balls is a habit with him. Did he miss on a dive or a shoe-string catch or did he totally screw up?

He took a bad angle to a one-hopper in the left-center gap. He left himself with an awkward hop and let the ball get by him and go to the wall.
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    :deadhorse
    It's not a deadhorse until he's gone. I seriously can't believe that he's in there with a .600 OPS when Stubbs is lighting the world on fire in AAA and plays plus-plus defense.

BTW, Taveras-Gonzalez lead-off tandem again for the Reds' today. Woof

Votto = MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    BTW, Taveras-Gonzalez lead-off tandem again for the Reds' today. Woof
    I still don't understand that. Every time I see Gonzo in the #2 spot I cringe. Looks like we'll be saved from seeing that 1-2 punch at the top of the lineup today though.. I don't see how they'll get this game in.
    2009 Attendance Record: 7-2

Votto = MVP

Unless they just keep delaying the game and end up turning it into a late afternoon/early evening game.
    2009 Attendance Record: 7-2

I'm sick of guys getting the playing time b/c of their paycheck and not their performance.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mivers176 View Post
    I'm sick of guys getting the playing time b/c of their paycheck and not their performance.
    I'm right there with you. How long until Walt forces Dusty to pull the plug?

Walt was the one who wanted Taveras so bad he even tried to trade for him.

I think the plug starts way before Dusty.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Walt was the one who wanted Taveras so bad he even tried to trade for him.

I think the plug starts way before Dusty.
    Maybe so but Walt has put together a decent team imo. Until it comes out that he is forcing Dusty to put our 2 worse hitters excluding some of our pitchers in the 1 and 2 hole I have to blame Dusty.What could he possibly be hoping to accomplish?As bad as Taveras is he could be very useful coming off the bench to pinch run or lay down a bunt.Spot starts here and there would be the most I'd want to see him get.As far as Gonzo goes I'd be ok with him if we could prove that Janish is no better.He would have to actually play for that to happen though.I thought that Dusty prided himself on playing everyone to keep them sharp?If we had a premier SS I could understand Janish's disapearence but we don't.Actually Gonzo struggles pretty bad at the plate(in case Dusty didn't notice).

As far as what Dusty should do.Just about anything would be better but Dickerson leading off with Hanigang batting second would be ideal imo.When Votto and EE gets back I would really consider Phillips leading off as long as he can keep his obp around .350 and have Dickerson follow.

One more thing I'd like to complain about with Dusty even before he does it.When Votto is back Hanigan is sure to disappear again for weeks at a time.He should at least split time with Hernandez but I can't see Dusty ever letting that happen.

I have been very patient with Dusty but as of today I'm not a big fan.I'm sure most of you would ask "what took so long".

Turn Off Ads?