Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm glad this guy isn't running the reds

Re: I'm glad this guy isn't running the reds

Katz job is to cover the Dragons. He is writing for Daytonians and Dragons fans, not Reds fans (although there is a lot of cross over). I would be disappointed as a Dragon fan if he didn't write this article.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

You guys have to understand (and many do) that Katz is a complete hack and always has been. Way back in the day he used to cover Ohio State football for the DDN, but they yanked him off of that beat after many complaints from readers and replaced him with a young lady named Susan Vinella who was covering Wright State basketball at the time. Katz wasn't immediately put on the WSU beat, but that's his beat now in the winter time. He's been at the paper for years and he covers the Dragons and Wright State basketball. The one time he had a good gig at the paper, he blew it pretty quickly. Kind of tells you everything you need to know about his writing acumen.

By the way, did someone say Katz was filing UD basketball recruiting stories? Does Katz no longer cover my alma mater of Wright State? (If so, I need to know so I can throw a parade.) Course, as bad of shape as newspapers are in, maybe Katz is covering UD and WSU now. But Doug Harris does a good job covering UD, so unless he's left the paper, I can't imagine they would have replaced him with Katz. Maybe Katz was just helping Harris out while Harris was on his "sabbatical."

Anyway, when Katz behaves like an immature whining baby in his stories, it should be expected.

that was me, and I had my reporters mixed up. Doug Harris is covering UD

Katz job is to cover the Dragons. He is writing for Daytonians and Dragons fans, not Reds fans (although there is a lot of cross over). I would be disappointed as a Dragon fan if he didn't write this article.
    If that's the kind of story Dragons fans need/want, I'd say they're thoroughly misinformed about the place of the Dragons in professional baseball. Their team will never be constructed to win as many games as possible. The quality of the club will rise and fall -- just as drafts are sometimes good, sometimes not so good, sometimes in between -- and the best prospects will tend to move on more quickly than the fans would like. Despite the struggles some of the teams have had recently, the ballpark experience in Dayton remains very high quality, and that's all minor league fans can really ask for, I'd say. It's a fun, relatively affordable night out for the family. My sense is that Dayton fans recognize this, given the attendance record there. I'm guessing the carping about the quality of the team comes more from Katz and whoever he talks to behind the scenes -- people with bones, and little else, to pick.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Turn Off Ads?