Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Windows Mobile

Windows Mobile

I haven't seen the WinMo people represented yet. I have an HTC FUZE from AT&T and have loved Windows Mobile so far. This is my first WinMo phone. Going to upgrade to 6.5 eventually. There are a lot of apps out there and so forth, but mostly I am curious about how people use their phones. Mine is mostly used for email and internet. I hardly ever talk on my phone which is probably quite backwards. I also would like to use this thread so that people can get help from the vast amount of knowlege available on Redszone. I know people have mentioned this before, but the amount of knowlege you can attain on here coming from people of all walks of life is absolutely mind boggling.

My favorite app on my phone is Skyfire browser. The first non-beta came out recently and it is much improved over the betas. It still isn't the end all browser, but it is quite good. I also use Iris browser when Skyfire doesn't do the trick. Between the two of them, I have no need for Opera or IE.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Windows Mobile

I didn't want to make the first post in this thread too long and off point, so I would also like to ask for some thought on a problem I am having with my phone, although it is not Windows Mobile related. As I was using the above mentioned phone last night, I went to slide out the keyboard. It got stuck and the screen turned off. When it did slide open, I looked at the back of it and there is a ribbon cable that was protected by a sliding metal "door." This piece of metal was out of place and the ribbon cable is clearly damaged. I know I am going to have to take it back in under warranty or use my insurance on it. I'd rather do the warranty service because it is free. The problem is AT&T states on its website that warranty repairs are free unless it is found to have water or physical damage. The damage that caused the phone to break, I believe to be a defect or something that should not have happened under normal wear in which the warranty should cover it. I have talked with a few representatives and none of them could give me a straight answer. They couldn't tell me if it would be covered, which I understand that without physically seeing the phone at the warranty exchange, they won't know what to tell me.

If it was just the ribbon cable, I'm positive they would cover it. The problem is my phone also has a few chips on the outside of the phone from where it has been in my pocket or normal wear. I don't consider that physical damage that could hurt the functionality of the phone, but I'm not sure how they will judge that. If I do send it in for replacement, and they determine it is physically damaged, I will be charged shipping and some fees. I can get some of it back by claiming it on insurance, but not enough to justify doing it anyway. $50 (if I use the insurance) is a small amount to replace the phone, but free is even better. Any insight or suggestions?

ATT has always said that about their phones.... Physical damage would be dropping it, running over it, etc.

In your case, just cause the case shows wear and tear doesn't mean that its your fault for not treating your phone correctly. I'd find a local corporate store and take it there and see what they say...

I'm still running on WinMob 5 so I'm just hanging out... I do enjoy the exchange service access I get for work. I get all my mail and calendar downloaded directly to my phone. I always know where I need to be and when I need to be there... Also Im always in connection with my other coworkers... (Sucks sometimes)
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post

My favorite app on my phone is Skyfire browser. The first non-beta came out recently and it is much improved over the betas. It still isn't the end all browser, but it is quite good. I also use Iris browser when Skyfire doesn't do the trick. Between the two of them, I have no need for Opera or IE.
    I've been very pleased with Skyfire so fire on the Samsung Jack, IE and Opera were very slow compared to it.
    Go Gators!

Skyfire is badarse. Unfortunately for me the Instinct isn't WinMo. There's been talk for a while now that they'll come out with a Skyfire that runs on the Instinct, but it's not looking good. I'm stuck with Opera Mini for now. Actually the last firmware update improved the built in Instinct browser a great deal.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I used Opera for a while, but it didn't work quite right for me. I also like the ability to load all the flash objects in Skyfire. Another app I really have enjoyed is RadarLove. Its not as interactive as I would like, but it does give a pretty good radar loop.

Also, does anyone use any of the email pushing services? I'm thinking about using Seven, but I'm not sure if there is a better one out there.

Turn Off Ads?